• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To tube or not to tube?

aelabre131

I have just received a shipment of cigars. They come in aluminum tubes and I was wondering if I should leave then in or take them out. I have read differing opinions on this topic and would like input from members who have stored cigars like this over a period of time. Thanks

I have just received a shipment of cigars. They come in aluminum tubes and I was wondering if I should leave then in or take them out. I have read differing opinions on this topic and would like input from members who have stored cigars like this over a period of time. Thanks

Leave em in until you're ready to smokem.

Leave em in until you're ready to smokem.

Ditto...

Ahh Greg... I say take em out and throw the tubes away!!

Takes up to much room in the humi!

;)

(I'm being that "other guy")

Sometimes I like to leave the caps off, but really the outside air should slowly slink it's way into the tube and slowly acclimate the cigar to your humidor, with the lid on.

I NEVER remove a cigar from it's tube until I want to smoke it. Even then, I just generally use a pair of pliers or a hacksaw and cut the tip off, and smoke the cigar while it's still inside the tube. That's how much I love tubos. :laugh:

Just a little extra question on here but, what is the significance of the tubes? Is it just a different measure of keeping the cigar fresh? Or is there some larger meaning behind it that I'm missing? :whistling:

Just a little extra question on here but, what is the significance of the tubes? Is it just a different measure of keeping the cigar fresh? Or is there some larger meaning behind it that I'm missing? :whistling:

I am pretty sure its just packaging(to protect the cigar) and marketing. Example would be the Tat black, this years tat black will come in tubes (yes, its now a torpedo), but I doubt it will make a difference vs the last Tat black batch. Unless you are souldoggy who loves the taste of burning plastic, the flavor profile of it being in a tube or not would make no difference. Even if it did, I highly doubt me or you would be able to taste any difference. Most people keep it in the tubes because it protects the cigar.

David

I NEVER remove a cigar from it's tube until I want to smoke it. Even then, I just generally use a pair of pliers or a hacksaw and cut the tip off, and smoke the cigar while it's still inside the tube. That's how much I love tubos. :laugh:

Power tools, ya weenie!

I hate tubos.

I would NEVER just take a tube and put it in the humidor without opening it and inspecting the cigars. I've gotten too many that have mold on them and in general look like crapola. It seems some manufacturers (even those you may think wouldn't) sometimes use a tube to hide the poor construction of a cigar.

I also like to inspect my cigars from time to time and removing a cigar from the tube and putting it back in can damage the cigars.

I take all tubos out of the tubes.

... and I don't think that there will ever be an end. Ultimately it boils down to personal preference as there is no definitive evidence supporting one way over the other.

Personally, I like to keep a couple of tubes around to re-use if I'm grabbing a cigar to throw in my pocket. It protects them better than a baggie.

... and I don't think that there will ever be an end. Ultimately it boils down to personal preference as there is no definitive evidence supporting one way over the other.

Personally, I like to keep a couple of tubes around to re-use if I'm grabbing a cigar to throw in my pocket. It protects them better than a baggie.
Yep, personal preference.

I generally wrap the tube in rice paper and then tie a string around the bundle and set them in gelatine.

It is like asking paper or plastic. It is all up to you there is no wrong answer. I take mine out just like to see what I have in glass top. What can I say I like my girls naked.

It is like asking paper or plastic. It is all up to you there is no wrong answer. I take mine out just like to see what I have in glass top. What can I say I like my girls naked.

You're buying your tubos in glass top boxes? ???

:sign: