• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco in Washington State?

Gravity

As many of you know, it's now illegal to have pipe tobacco mailed into Washington state, yes it sucks, heh.

I have found one place, Tinder Box Wa., that is in Washington and therefore able to ship to me in Seattle. I prefer to get the tobacco through the mail, and the tinderbox has a limited supply, so do you guys know of any other places that are able/willing to ship to/within Washington?

As many of you know, it's now illegal to have pipe tobacco mailed into Washington state, yes it sucks, heh.

I have found one place, Tinder Box Wa., that is in Washington and therefore able to ship to me in Seattle. I prefer to get the tobacco through the mail, and the tinderbox has a limited supply, so do you guys know of any other places that are able/willing to ship to/within Washington?

Rain City will ship anywhere. How close are you to Magnolia? There is always J.K Kirsten Pipe Company on Nickerson/Fisherman's Terminal. The owner's daughter opened a shop by the Whole Foods off Denny as well. I am sure they would ship.

If it gets real bad you could try importing. Postage can be high but the selection can be interesting.

Actually, they are not reading the law correctly. It's illegal for anyone to send pipe tobacco to a Washington state residence, period, regardless if they are in the state or not. It's also illegal for you to place an order asking them to ship to a Washington state residence, period, regardless if the shipper would be in the state or not.

(I am the Seattle Pipe Club Political Liaison, and led the unsuccessful effort to have the law amended in this current legislative session.)

If you like, I can provide more direct links, but here is some info...

http://www.bobramstad.com/Pipes/5340.html

I never updated the page to tell folks that the effort was dead...

I would recommend considering Tacoma Tins, they have a great selection, and Rick and Roxi are great people.

http://www.lambsearfarm.com/tacomatins/

They are a retail store.