• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Nazis are everywhere!

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
1.5 miles from a paved road hiking on the Knobstone trail this morning, I get passed by a woman who tells me "Cigars aren't allowed on the Trail because they are counter-productive." I told her as she walked away, 'I have given up everything else that is bad for me, I'm keeping my cigars."

She appologised later but I don't know how much of that was actual remorse or the realization, she had to walk back past a 295 lb man carrying a five foot walking staff that she might have just pissed off.

Last time someone said told me to put out my cigar while walking in a park, I told them to come and get it. They never did. ;)

Makes you wonder how they feel they have the right to insult you that way. Would they be so bold as to have told you the same thing regarding what you might have been eating on the trail because you might be overweight?

This is the behavior that pisses me off. I had that happen in a smoking bar. i was enjoying a nice cigar and this lady says, " Can you put that out?"

Mind you they was chain smoking cigarettes. I took a puff and said, "Nope." Their smoke was offending me something fierce and so they just got up and moved. LOL!!! But continued to violate the air with their smoke as if it was something pure and how everyone should bow down to them.

But I knew the owner and he said it was cool to smoke a cigar anytime I wanted in his bar.

I love how smoking a cigar is somehow more offensive than putrid cigarettes. Makes 0% sense.

So because of the mass ignorant stupidity encountered whilst in public spaces, my mates and I are happier smoking at our homes. The food is better, the toilets aren't full of strange stains and people, if you get drunk your bed isn't far away and the booze is cheaper.

Yeah, I've had people rather pointedly get up and move away from me at outdoor concert venues. :rolleyes:

I mean, really . . . if I can't have a cigar listening to Robert Earl Keen live, OUTDOORS . . . wtf is the world coming to? But for all that, I do most of my smoking at home or at my local B&M's lounge. They just banned ALL smoking here in bars and pool halls! There goes my 9-ball game!

~Boar

I used to notice when other people would take offense. Now I just don't seem to care. I tend to shoot off when someone says something to me and don't take it well. Considering I usually don't say anything to others, I will just take my toys and go elsewhere. I believe they have a right to enjoy there life just as I do.