• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco of the month reviews?

bilder

I see some other pipe forums doing this.

Folks vote on a certain tobacco and then give it a review over the month.

Any interest?

I'm not too confident in my reviewing abilities... but it sounds like fun!

Nick

Sounds good to me. I've been studying the reviews at www.tobaccoreviews.com to try to get the hang of reviewing intelligently.

I'd would be willing to participate. Sounds like fun.

Are you thinking that we take turns choosing a tobacco and then everyone participating procures some and reviews it by a certain date? I think that's how I've seen it done other places. It seems to work pretty well.

Are you thinking that we take turns choosing a tobacco and then everyone participating procures some and reviews it by a certain date? I think that's how I've seen it done other places. It seems to work pretty well.

I'd be in, kinda like a little "pipe club" for the members on cpass that actually smoke pipes. How about we do a line up. This person chooses this pipe tobacco and sends maybe .5oz. or 1oz to the people that participate, you could say max it off at 10 or so. You wouldn't have to ship usps since shipping would cost more than the actual product in most cases. This would avoid people purchasing stuff they dont particularly enjoy, and promote trying things other brothers absolutely love. I would be more than happy to set it up. Or hell, why dont we start a Pipe Tobacco Pass!?!? Workin in a shop, I have enough available on hand that I could start this with quite the sellection, and start it quickly. Thoughts?

If you are referring about tin tobacco, it could be interesting to do a review with as many people that one tin could be divided amongst. If there is enough interest, we could do several of the same tins so everyone can have a bowl or two.

Just the average local variety could be problematic. Since they are just general blends that are named for whatever the store wants them to be. You can find them in most tobacco shops thus it would be a little redundant. I'd be interested in the tin tobacco as a review per month for said amount months between said amount of members.

Why don't we all suggest a tobacco and then I will draw from a hat and make a list for the next few months. Any tin splits and such can be worked out among folks as the need arises. Lots of guys have access to tobacco shops so if someone cannot find a blend I am sure they would be able to aquire a sample from somewhere.

I suggest.......Frog Morton on the Town

I'd be in, kinda like a little "pipe club" for the members on cpass that actually smoke pipes. How about we do a line up. This person chooses this pipe tobacco and sends maybe .5oz. or 1oz to the people that participate, you could say max it off at 10 or so. You wouldn't have to ship usps since shipping would cost more than the actual product in most cases. This would avoid people purchasing stuff they dont particularly enjoy, and promote trying things other brothers absolutely love. I would be more than happy to set it up. Or hell, why dont we start a Pipe Tobacco Pass!?!? Workin in a shop, I have enough available on hand that I could start this with quite the sellection, and start it quickly. Thoughts?

We did a pass last fall that was a lot of fun.

I am sure that if you started another that it would fill up pretty quick.

Why don't we all suggest a tobacco and then I will draw from a hat and make a list for the next few months. Any tin splits and such can be worked out among folks as the need arises. Lots of guys have access to tobacco shops so if someone cannot find a blend I am sure they would be able to aquire a sample from somewhere.

This sounds good to me!

I suggest Penzance for future consideration.

Do you think it would be easier to get a list of participants and draw their names out of a hat to establish who picks the next month? This may make things a little easier for everyone. First week or so of the month a tobacco is chosen for that month and a name is drawn for the next month. This gives someone time to make a decision. I guess that person could announce the next month's selection at any time giving time for everyone to procure it.

It's your show, Mike! I'm in for whatever.

This sounds good to me!

I suggest Penzance for future consideration.

Do you think it would be easier to get a list of participants and draw their names out of a hat to establish who picks the next month? This may make things a little easier for everyone. First week or so of the month a tobacco is chosen for that month and a name is drawn for the next month. This gives someone time to make a decision. I guess that person could announce the next month's selection at any time giving time for everyone to procure it.

It's your show, Mike! I'm in for whatever.

Sounds like a plan.

I will start a new thread on the subject this week.

+1 on the Penzance.

Frog Morton I'm familiar with and it's got a slight topping. I'd pass on it, along with any Perique blends..

But a 'proper english' blend, of any description, would get my attention.

I think people should identify their tastes very clearly before offering examples, and NO AROMATICS.

oh please no flavored syrups OR potpourri aromas. .. :)