• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco reviews

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Since we're talkin' tobacco, after all, I think that reviews are appropriate so.......

Picked this up at a local shop (as an aside: 50g. for the same price as 100 g. on the net :( ), since I'd already liked the "On the Town".

Very different blend. Much lighter aroma and body on opening the tin. Although the latakia and perique were still there, the proportion must have been a lot less. Very light on the tongue, and a much less pronounced room aroma. Would be a good blend for a "morning" pipe, but not something I'd like to smoke all day long.

Working on my palate; definitely not up to "The Professor's" at this point. :)

More in the line of a question than a review. Ordered a Peterson sampler and got a tin called "University Flake". Inside were thin "plaques" (for lack of a better word) of pressed tobacco.

Now, for the more experienced here, is this meant to be crubled into a pouch or another container before loading the pipe? I can't imagine just stuffing a whole piece into the bowl, and there really isn't any excess room in the container for loose tobacco.

To make it more like a review, I've opened several of the tins and they are each VERY distinctive from each other. Really looking forward to getting into these!! :)