• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco smoke enema

moki

el Presidente
Tobacco smoke enema -- it'd be really difficult for me to make this stuff up. Who knew?

tobacco_enema.jpg

From the linked in Wikipedia entry:

The tobacco smoke enema, an insufflation of tobacco smoke into the rectum by enema, was a medical treatment employed by 18th-century European physicians for resuscitating drowning victims and other purposes.

The stimulation of respiration through the introduction of tobacco smoke by a rectal tube was first practiced by the North American Indians.[1] In 1745, Richard Mead was among the first Western scholars to recommend tobacco smoke enemas to resuscitate victims of drowning.[2] One of the earliest reports of resuscitation by rectally applied tobacco smoke dates from 1746, when a seemingly drowned woman is reported as being successfully revived after, on the advice of a passing sailor, the stem of the sailor's pipe was inserted into her rectum and air was blown into the pipe's bowl through a piece of perforated paper.[2]

Who else is going to bring you these useless tidbits of information?

Tobacco smoke enema -- it'd be really difficult for me to make this stuff up. Who knew?

From the linked in Wikipedia entry:

The tobacco smoke enema, an insufflation of tobacco smoke into the rectum by enema, was a medical treatment employed by 18th-century European physicians for resuscitating drowning victims and other purposes.

The stimulation of respiration through the introduction of tobacco smoke by a rectal tube was first practiced by the North American Indians.[1] In 1745, Richard Mead was among the first Western scholars to recommend tobacco smoke enemas to resuscitate victims of drowning.[2] One of the earliest reports of resuscitation by rectally applied tobacco smoke dates from 1746, when a seemingly drowned woman is reported as being successfully revived after, on the advice of a passing sailor, the stem of the sailor's pipe was inserted into her rectum and air was blown into the pipe's bowl through a piece of perforated paper.[2]

Weird!

Well, if you pump my drowned ass full of air... I may start breathing again, but not out of the opening you would expect.

Does it make any difference to use Cuban tobacco or Nicaraguan and was this tobacco properly aged ;)

I sure don't want tobacco from a swisher in my a..e :sign:

Rene

Nicotine is a smooth muscle relaxant. That's the kind of muscle the bowels are made of. I doubt it would resuscitate a drowning victim but it sure would make you want to take a shit.

Doc.

I think that sailor in 1746 had just been at sea much, much too long and wanted his pipe to taste like a woman's butt. :rolleyes:

~Boar

As Redd Foxx would say, "Ya gotta wash your ass". Then I suppose it would be just fine.

Doc.

talk about blowing smoke up your ass
lol

As the caption states, that is, in fact, how the expression came to be. The ineffectiveness of the tobacco smoke enema lead people to be skeptical about "smoke being blown up their ass" as being anything but bullshit.

Nicotine is a smooth muscle relaxant. That's the kind of muscle the bowels are made of. I doubt it would resuscitate a drowning victim but it sure would make you want to take a shit.

Doc.

Monte 2 and a big cup of coffee in the morning do the trick everytime!! :thumbs:

OK. So why was I not surprised to see who the author of this thread was after I looked at the title??

Hmmm....??

:p

Oh god, I fell hook, line and sinker for this thread and BAM :0 look what I walk into. Well, I gotta tell you, if I was feeling bad before I entered this sanctum santorium, I am laughing so hard the tears are running down my face :cool: Who would think you could find this wealth ??? of information while seemingly talking a casual walk down the halls of Stogie Hall.

Thank you Devil Doc, now if I get tired of sticking those gel bullets UPA, I can try the smoke method (after a through cleansing). :sign:

Let's see.........coffee enema or......tobacco smoke enema?

So many choices to start my day..............I know, eenie,meenie, minie, mo........... :sign: :sign:

lol first topic I read on here in a month and all be Dam Moki you never let me down haha rp

"Smith Family Visits The Johnsons For Sunday Peach Pie"

"This Week's Poll: Pine or Oak For Your Wagon's Wheels?"

"Tobacco Smoke Enema To Save Lives"

"Father O'Brien Claims New Whorehouse Is Mark Of The Devil"

"New Whorehouse Denied Liquor License, WTF?"

The parctice has long ago been abandoned by the medical profession but is still widely used by politicians on both sides of the isle. :laugh: