• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Todays cigar pricing

Snowdust

SnowNYet
So I have been out of the loop on cigar prices lately. MN has always been high upon moving here. They then did get a cap of .50 tax cap passed, but suspect stores didn’t lower prices and actually benefited

Between what I had on hand, and starting to buy unbranded house sticks when in FL each year that I liked, I havent kept up with prices.

Is this just iCovid price hike since 2020, or just a year over year increase to get us here. I’ve been buying so many lately I am sneaking them in the back door 🤣. I’ll not be fooled again

Last edited:
I've been forced to buy online as CALI tobacco taxes are way over 60%. That would double my cost if I bought from a local B&M. Cubans at one time were actually cheaper to smoke. Not now. Cubans have in one fell swoop caught up with the rest of the world. The price of fuel will make everything go up and inflation will keep the prices up.

I've been forced to buy online as CALI tobacco taxes are way over 60%. That would double my cost if I bought from a local B&M. Cubans at one time were actually cheaper to smoke. Not now. Cubans have in one fell swoop caught up with the rest of the world. The price of fuel will make everything go up and inflation will keep the prices up.
Yeah I buy mostly online from places that don’t charge me tax. California is nuts with tax

Yeah I buy mostly online from places that don’t charge me tax. California is nuts with tax

CA also gives you a false sense of cost for all the visitors with a relatively modest 7.5% sales tax. But then you find out all the different counties/cities/towns, etc, add their own points to that PLUS some of the highest excise taxes in the country.

It's just 5 or 5½% here in WI, no add-ons. To my Cali friends, I'll buy all your cigars for you for a flat 3 points across the board.

You still pay shipping. 🤔😛😁

CA also gives you a false sense of cost for all the visitors with a relatively modest 7.5% sales tax. But then you find out all the different counties/cities/towns, etc, add their own points to that PLUS some of the highest excise taxes in the country.

It's just 5 or 5½% here in WI, no add-ons. To my Cali friends, I'll buy all your cigars for you for a flat 3 points across the board.

Yeah that’s why I’m going to be buying from online places that don’t charge tax. The box split we’re doing both places we got stuff from didn’t charge tax. If I try to buy from a local place online… tax

Yeah that’s why I’m going to be buying from online places that don’t charge tax. The box split we’re doing both places we got stuff from didn’t charge tax. If I try to buy from a local place online… tax
Yeah we can't get any deals from Small Batch. I've actually had buddies buy from them for me and then paid shipping from them to me and saved money. Some vendors send info to the State of purchase so they can collect the taxes at the end of the year. It'll be on your receipt.

Yeah we can't get any deals from Small Batch. I've actually had buddies buy from them for me and then paid shipping from them to me and saved money. Some vendors send info to the State of purchase so they can collect the taxes at the end of the year. It'll be on your receipt.

Small batch? I thought you only like them big batches?

Snicker, snicker...

So I have been out of the loop on cigar prices lately. MN has always been high upon moving here. They then did get a cap of .50 tax cap passed, but suspect stores didn’t lower prices and actually benefited

Between what I had on hand, and starting to buy unbranded house sticks when in FL each year that I liked, I havent kept up with prices.

Is this just iCovid price hike since 2020, or just a year over year increase to get us here. I’ve been buying so many lately I am sneaking them in the back door 🤣. I’ll not be fooled again

Covid caused some of it, increased production & shipping cost.

Yeah, I feel that pain every time I go to the shop down the street from me. I try to throw local, and small, business, business, so they can stay afloat. I don't want to see everything disappear, but Cali is making it harder and harder to do with tax, after tax.

Brother, @cohibasurfer

Anything I can order over here in Missouri, to help you avoid the bungholio that is CA taxes, you just holler. I'm in! MO is usually pretty decent, and if not, KY usually is. I'm dead serious.

Floyd T