• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

Oliva V Churchill Melanio from a brother at my B/M, from the 2021 TAA bag. Seems smoother than I remember which is good considering the wind is 20mph out of the north ( but dis pug ain't crazy, found an alcove to hide in ).

13AAEB19-6CEC-4725-9B3F-C09BF917034B.jpeg

Cigar of the year, 96 points... hmmm... Can you please tell me if these are better than the best cuban cigars you have had this year (ok, last year)?

I was actually also going to ask how this was. I bought some a while back and couldn't stand them, but then they were COTY. I enjoy most things Alec Bradley too.

Cigar of the year, 96 points... hmmm... Can you please tell me if these are better than the best cuban cigars you have had this year (ok, last year)?
I would guess no. It’s not that it’s a bad cigar, but I’ve had better this year easily, in fact some ‘19 Mag 54s would be my top 5 of the year.

I really like the prensado but from what I’ve learned in a short period of time. I think it was just Alec Bradley’s turn right?

I would guess no. It’s not that it’s a bad cigar, but I’ve had better this year easily, in fact some ‘19 Mag 54s would be my top 5 of the year.

Pretty much, this.

The prensado had a weird flavor profile to me. It could be that I just wasn't ready for it....it was almost like a....hay/fruity/fermented note. Almost like a perique tobacco without the spice. This is what I remember from years ago, my palate could be much different now, or could've been off then!

I'm always willing to try something more than once. Could be time to revisit.

The prensado had a weird flavor profile to me. It could be that I just wasn't ready for it....it was almost like a....hay/fruity/fermented note. Almost like a perique tobacco without the spice. This is what I remember from years ago, my palate could be much different now, or could've been off then!

I'm always willing to try something more than once. Could be time to revisit.
I definitely get some sweet notes from some of them I have smoked, so I understand what your describing there with the fruity description, sometimes I would describe it as a floral, although it normally is just in the background for me, not a pronounced note... Typically I get a lot of nutty, oak, leather and some coffee from these with hints of that sweetness you referred to and a bit of white pepper or maybe the sweetness is in with the pepper almost like a sweet red pepper or something... I am going to pull one out this weekend and smoke another, see what I get... With all this said, I wouldn't put this cigar up against some of the nice CC's that I have had the pleasure of smoking thanks to this forum, I wouldn't even put it against some of the Fuentes and padron's ect., but for what they are, I think they are nice...

Last edited: