• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2022

I think I had a lonsdale. Do they roll it in only three sizes?
I am certainly on the lookout for a box.
I got that one at a new B&M that I think just had the one open box.

I think I had a lonsdale. Do they roll it in only three sizes?
I am certainly on the lookout for a box.
I got that one at a new B&M that I think just had the one open box.
Bigger or smaller ...... but it’s a very interesting cigar. At first it was not really my thing as it was mostly spicy and dry - almost dust like dry. But after about an inch the flavor improved dramatically. First I started getting a sweet spice mixed in every so often nicely complimenting the peppery spice. Then other flavors started appearing - dark cocoa, cardamom, vanilla. And the dryness was replaced by lots of creamy smoke. I still don’t know how I would score but this was definitely one of the more unique and multidimensional smokes I had in a while. Would definitely need to revisit this stick and let it rest a bit before lighting it up

H

How would you compare that to the original Nica Rustica? I had a fiver and it didn’t do much for me in the way of flavor. Is that a new blend or just a new vitola?

It's a new blend within the Nica Rustica line. Been awhile (years) since I had the original. The 2 Adobes I've had aren't necessarily better than what I remember. The Esteli spice and pepper is noticeably abundant in the Adobes.. which was their goal.

Jonathan said he plans a msrp of around $6 for a robusto. With simply paying extra for having the DE name behind it, it's really a $5 stick. Won't knock your socks off, but you won't feel you were gipped either. These 2 are also very fresh. With only about 2 weeks of humi time on the 2nd one.. which I enjoyed more than the ROTT sample.

The remaining 4 will get a 6-12mo nap before trying again. I'm glad they didn't try going north of the $6 price point. I would rate the 2nd one I smoked at 87. I'll be curious to try the actual product that ends up on retailers shelves. If you liked the El Brujito at all, it's worth trying for comparison.

I would have liked, and expected, more from a DE launch with this much marketing and promotion.

Just my two cents.