• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day started off with a EP Carillo Inaugural :thumbs: As for the night we brought it in with a Don Carlos Sr. Blend :love: absolutely stellar i must say :D

Smoked my first Illusione today, the MK. It was pretty darn good. Might have smoked it a little too fast towards the end, but it was definitely one I'd smoke again.

Thanks Santa!

Smoked my first Illusione today, the MK. It was pretty darn good. Might have smoked it a little too fast towards the end, but it was definitely one I'd smoke again.

Thanks Santa!

And again and again! I love those! I just gave a friend one to smoke tonight while I chose a Padron '26 no. 35 maduro. Both of us enjoyed a great smoke!

1876 Reserve. This started out with some lurking on the budget stick threads. Looks like most people stay far away from the dollar sticks in general, but Kingantz said his favorite was the 1876 in the Favorite Buck a Stick thread (Apr 2008). So for sure I had to give it a go. I definitely don't love them, but they're smokeable. There's some flavor in there that I can't place that I don't like much though. There was a little discoloration on the wrapper and I had a big run about halfway through. I'm not going to give up on the cheapies though. Going to find a gem eventually.

767290895_ZVcsK-XL.jpg

767300500_cX8Jn-XL.jpg

767306673_cVcbS-XL.jpg

Started the day with a CAO cammy reserve with my coffee

Currently smoking a Punch RS no.12 that I received from a BOTL on the board! Awesome stick!

Iota, you know there is a review thread for these reviews right? You do a good job, why not stick them in there? :thumbs:

Iota, you know there is a review thread for these reviews right? You do a good job, why not stick them in there? :thumbs:

Ha, thanks! I'm still trying to work out the best way to make these useful (or at least moderately interesting) for folk. And well, honestly, the bar is pretty low in this thread so I don't feel so bad about trying a bunch of different things and seeing what sticks before I go spamming the review forum. :) What I'm really trying to figure out is how to add something to the conversation about what I'm smoking without it just being noise. While stuff like this review tips thread (Aug 2002) is really helpful, there are people much better suited to give that sort of feedback than I am. You know, as a newbie here, I'm just trying to figure out what I can do, in my own voice, for the community here besides just adding one to the member count.

I'm not in any rush, so I'm just getting my feet wet slowly. But if you have any comments (or criticism) on what I've got so far, I'd be happy to hear them!

Mike.

PS: Should probably add something about what I'm smoking now. Along with smoking cigars, I also smoke cigarettes. Last year I switched from regular cigarettes to "filtered cigars". Now, it's true that they taste and smell a little more like cigars than cigarettes typically do, but the main reason I switched is because they're so damn cheap. Going from a 55 dollar carton to an 18 dollar carton is a pretty ridiculous savings for what amounts to a very similar product. Right at this moment, I'm smoking Muranos by Renegade Tobacco. Regular flavor. I don't even want to know what a menthol flavored filtered cigar would taste like. I originally saw these in the Thompsons catalog, which I know is pretty universally loathed around here, but I get the catalogs from all the big retailers and I enjoy reading through them all when they come in. I've been thinking of switching from these to the small vitola cigars instead, but there's still something to be said for a two minute smoke.

Nonsense. (And I mean this in a good way) You take great pictures and give your honest assessment of the cigar you are smoking. That is the backbone to a good review. Start the reviews bud, I assure you, you will do fine.

Power Ranger - very nice cigar

A personal favorite of mine in the Opus line. Having a Tat Series P #4, decent cigar. It makes me want to try some of the smaller sized sticks in this line and see if the flavors are a little more pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back