• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just smoked my 2nd 2009 Noella Reserva that was pretty disappointing. Had a lot less flavor than the first one I smoked and the draw was very loose. Hopefully it was just a dud...

Had my first Casa Funete on Sat. and holly crap that was a freaking awesome cigar. Need to more of those. Right now I'm smoking on a Oliva Serie O maduro.

PL Montecarlo... too young, but will be nice. love the PL profile. PC is still my fav.

And since Moki started with the Anejo 46 fad on the board. I decided to fire up an 07. with some HC7... YUMMMMMM

Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008. I love this cigar so much, it tastes a lot like dark chocolate but...god! the burn this time was so uneven...it kinda ruined the whole experience. Anyways...it is a fabulous smoke...one of the best around.

I wanna try out this smoke I got for free from an outstanding cigar shop. I think it is called Gran Habano Cabinet Selection. Heard it is on the mild side...just hope it is good.

I had a Tatuaje Regio Reserva yesterday afternoon and wasn't sure what to make of it. Not quite as strong as most other brown labels, and while the smoothness was nice, I felt like it was missing something.

Attempted to smoke an Alec Bradley Tempus but it burned like shit so I gave up halfway. Too bad, I heard that was a good stick

On my way home from work yesterday, I had a fresh Olivo Serie G Maduro Robusto. It was ok, but a little strong. I'm guessing with a bit of age, it would be excellent. When I walked in the house, my wife gave me an odd look and said that I smelled like weed.

Later that night I fired up my first Tatuaje. It was a Series P3 toro (a Cuban sandwich, which consists of 60% medium filler and 40% long-filler - wiki). Maybe my tastebuds are off, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. It was too mild, and not much flavor. I ended up tossing it around halfway. So, I started on a Padilla Obsidian thinking that it would come through with the flavor, but I was sorely mistaken. I tossed that one too after about half. Again, I thought it was my tastebuds that were off. After these two disappointments, I decided to go with one of my everyday cigars, a Jose L. Piedra Cremas, and it came through for me.

Maybe it was the humidity, maybe I was still reeling from the Oliva, but so far I haven't been impressed with my Tat and Padilla experience. Never fear though, I will try them again at a later date.

Padilla '48 Churchill outside until the sun went in and the wind picked up. This is the best vitola of this line, IMO. Churchills are sometimes best if it's a blend that develops great flavor in the last half for obvious reasons. This is the case with the '48s. Pretty mild flavor to start but it builds throughout and becomes very tasty by midway. Creamy, full-bodied smoke with medium strength. One of the great Pepin/Padilla collaborations! :thumbs:

Steve

Hung out at my local shop today for a bit and enjoyed a Tatuje Regios. It was a little more peppery than I am used to but still enjoyed it a lot.

Smoked a 601 Blue Label and a Tabacos Baez at work today and as usual they were both on the money!Man Pepin is kickin Ass with his blends !!!!!! I cant seem to find anything in my humidor that he didnt have something to do with....

I wanna try out this smoke I got for free from an outstanding cigar shop. I think it is called Gran Habano Cabinet Selection. Heard it is on the mild side...just hope it is good.

I love these! Personally, I'd say they were a medium bodied smoke. Hope you enjoy it.

Today.... Monte Edmundo '06

Had a DPG Blue Label Lancero today. That was my first Lancero experience. I must say, its an odd feeling smoking something so thin and so long (no need to say "thats what she said"). I really enjoyed it. I will have to consider getting some of my other favorite smokes in the Lancero size. Any suggestions on a few medium-full bodied Lancero cigars worth trying?

I tried my first Alec Bradley Tempus today. Was good but I wasn't blown away. Followed that up with a LFD Double Ligero Lancero. Excellent.

Cohiba Siglo V outside in a beautiful day. The Cohiba Siglo V is always superb.

I later tried the Cuaba Piramides LE 2008 for the first time. Wow...the first Cuaba that I do not like...actually I hated it! It was bad, I could not finish a quarter...I threw the whole thing...BAKHHHH!!!!

Anyways I have got three more of these which I will age in my humidor in hope they get better. Man it was bad.

... Any suggestions on a few medium-full bodied Lancero cigars worth trying?

The lancero size has become a popular size so there are numerous ones to try:

Coronado (La Flor) Lancero
Don Pepin Garcia Black Label Lancero
El Triunfador Lanceros
Illusione Holy Lance
La Aurora Cameroon Lancero
La Flor Dominicana Lanceros (Ligero, Oscuro and Cameroon, although the first two are more full bodied)
Tatuaje Especiales

And I'm sure I'm missing some! And obviously this list does not include any cuban lanceros.

Status
Not open for further replies.