• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I had a Taboada Doble Robusto from a group buy back in 2006 while digging some of the forgotten cigars out of the bottom of a coolidor. Damn good, but after going through several of these, I am not so sure what the allure was to pay quite so much. I haven't heard anything about Taboada for several years...anyone know the story? Personally, I would take a Johnny O any day. Now if I can just figure out what the unbanded "A" cigars are that I dug up are, I'll be happy.

He retired is what happened to him. Not sure if he still rolls for some extra cash or not. I fired up a Avo LE 08 and the band said Tesoro on it. It wasn't bad but it definitely had the young, grassy taste to it that I find in all Avo cigars.

Last night I had a Taboada Doble Robusto from a group buy back in 2006 while digging some of the forgotten cigars out of the bottom of a coolidor. Damn good, but after going through several of these, I am not so sure what the allure was to pay quite so much. I haven't heard anything about Taboada for several years...anyone know the story? Personally, I would take a Johnny O any day. Now if I can just figure out what the unbanded "A" cigars are that I dug up are, I'll be happy.

He retired is what happened to him. Not sure if he still rolls for some extra cash or not. I fired up a Avo LE 08 and the band said Tesoro on it. It wasn't bad but it definitely had the young, grassy taste to it that I find in all Avo cigars.

I would have guessed the grassy flavors faded out a bit more with age. If I remember correctly those AVO Tesoro's did have a lot of that grassy flavor, though. Probably have to lay them down for a decade to burn the rest of that off :laugh: .

Damn didn't know taboada was out of the game, that is too bad. As for the AVOs, all yurz. I just can't find one that suits my palate, something about that grassy flavor. Same with the cabaiguans.

Damn didn't know taboada was out of the game, that is too bad. As for the AVOs, all yurz. I just can't find one that suits my palate, something about that grassy flavor. Same with the cabaiguans.

I'd agree on both, but there is something sort of medium about that flavor that I like when working outside on a hot day as opposed to the spicier or milder cigars that get lost in the heat.

I just finished a Rocky Patel 60 RG maduro. I was given it while on the tour and this was before they was released to the public. It was over 5 years old and not a bad smoke. Better than the Avo for sure. But I got the Avo in a trade for my desktop humidor. I have no idea how old it was but any Avo I've smoked has had that grassy taste.

Padron Londres Maduro ;)

I had one today, and it was splendidsville! Razor sharp burn on such a value priced stick. :thumbs:
SHHHH! ;)

As far as grassy AVO's go, they did release a couple of spicy ones - AVO Heritage and Campanero - both have the same wrapper, I'm told. (NOT to be confused with the Ashton Heritage)

Tonight I'm smoking a San Cristobal Supremo, OTT. Couldn't resist and they did look fine. A little drier than I like them but spicier for it, of course.

In the middle of a nice CAO Brazilla with a glass of Dalmore 12. This is the first brazilla that I have had and I am really impressed. Im going to need to get some more of these.

Sir Winnie.

Didn't even know I had any of these and was looking in my aging humidor and there they were. woohoo.

My Father No. 2 this morning.

Padron Cortico Maduro this afternoon.

Tatuaje Cojonu 2009 this evening.

Enjoyed a PSD4 from January of 2010 while relaxing in the jacuzzi. Much needed end of a bad day!

Played golf for the first time this year. First to the fire was a massive Litto Gomez (DC size), followed by a CAO Criollo (Mancha I think), followed by a Boli Corona Extra. First time I've tried a LG, and it was very flavorful. The guy paired up with me for the round asked what it was because it smelled so good. The CAO was also the first from that brand I've had, and it was really good! Unique flavors that held all the way to the nub. The Boli was good too, but I probably would have preferred another one of those CAOs for the course :D

Damn windy too, was tough to keep the cigars going.

^ Sounds like a good time despite the gusty conditions!

I just finished an Oliva MB3 Churchill, it was delicious and took me an hour and a bit to finish!

CAO LX2 Bam on the ride to work. I love these little powerhouses!
Thanks for the heads up. I like the little Brazilias.

The Old Henry Maduros are on the way. I'm curious what a bit of age will do to them. They have flavor to spare and age may bring out what is now sublimated.

Last night a very enjoyable Ramon Allones Petit Unico, a Canadian Regional release. What a great way to end an evening.

I'm enjoying the Big 12 tourney at Outlaw South. So far I've had an Opus Shark and a LFD 2007 Outlaw. I just lit up a Padron TAA Maduro Toro.

I'm enjoying the Big 12 tourney at Outlaw South. So far I've had an Opus Shark and a LFD 2007 Outlaw. I just lit up a Padron TAA Maduro Toro.

Way to go Jon!!! Let me know how the Padron TAA treats you. I am sitting on one. And the OPUS Shark, how did that go for you?

See you in May!

Joe

Old Henry Maduro, OTT - These have more age than the first time I smoked one over a year ago.

Much spicier and less sweet. I'll let them sit for a couple weeks and try them again.

I fired up a Padron Family Reserve 45 maduro after sending my paper work off for the last step of receiving the Army Superior Unit Award. A pretty tasty cigar with a kick. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.