• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tom Yum Pak - Thai Soup Recipe Wanted

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I need a really good Tom Yum Pak recipe. It's a type of Thai soup. Does anyone make it? I found a few online, but would be interested to see if anyone here makes this soup. Thanks...

I did actually. Found it on foodtv.com. Made it a few days ago, came out great.

My wife makes it all the time -- any local Asian food store will carry it, as well as Tom Kar (which I actually like better)

Hi

I'm not familiar with that soup...what is in it? I do enjoy soups like tom yam goong (the spicy and sour shrimp soup) and tom kha gai (sour chicken in coconut).

Get the premade packs from your local Chinese grocer. The ones from Maggi are especially good. All you need to do is drop it in boling water, add shrimp, mushroom and other veggies and you're good to go. "Mama" instant noodles also has a great Tom Yum flavor noodle soup. Comes in silver packing.

My wife makes it all the time -- any local Asian food store will carry it, as well as Tom Kar (which I actually like better)

Any chance of getting that recipe? I love Tom Kar but have only had it out, I'd love to try it at home

My wife is Thai so she makes Tom Yum all the time (usually Gai or Goong). Thai's generally don't "make" the base of the soup. They buy the paste and then add the other ingredients such as lemon grass, kaffir lime leaf, galanga root, coconut milk etc. I realize this post is relatively old, but if you ever run in to some other Thai food you'd like to try, I'd be more than happy to ask her how she makes it. ;)

My wife is Thai so she makes Tom Yum all the time (usually Gai or Goong). Thai's generally don't "make" the base of the soup. They buy the paste and then add the other ingredients such as lemon grass, kaffir lime leaf, galanga root, coconut milk etc. I realize this post is relatively old, but if you ever run in to some other Thai food you'd like to try, I'd be more than happy to ask her how she makes it. ;)

How about a recipe for chu chi pla? One of my favorite dishes, but none of the Thai restaurants here in Tucson have it on their menu. Thanks in advance.

How about a recipe for chu chi pla? One of my favorite dishes, but none of the Thai restaurants here in Tucson have it on their menu. Thanks in advance.

Will see what she has to say.