• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tomahawk Case CNU 317/3 made into a humidor by Ammodor's

LOMartin

The story starts with a need for a bigger humidor but wanting something different. Searched online and found a cool picture of a humidor Ammodors.com made out of the tomahawk warhead case.

Found a case online for $150'ish, then started researching buying Spanish Ceder. The DIY route didn't workout for me.

Called up Ammodor, long story short I get an offer I can't refuse and send the case off to Kevin to complete the humidor.

I sent off my case and a month or so later this awesomeness shows up.

It's currently housing around 600+ sticks loose and boxes.

Real cool humidor with an obvious perfect seal. Kevin's craftsmanship is impressive.

Edit: they have integrated humidifiers but I opt'ed out due to my use of heartfelt beads. Holding a steady 65 humidity.

Now realizing I have too many cigars(as if) I'm drooling over the Stinger Missle Ammodor's.

I find the case impressive, very nice craftsmanship, but I have to differ with you. There is no such thing as too many cigars. The real problem is age. You don't have time right now, weekends are busy with chores, honey do's etc. Solve that issue and you make room and find yourself looking for a Trident 3rd stage booster box

I find the case impressive, very nice craftsmanship, but I have to differ with you. There is no such thing as too many cigars. The real problem is age. You don't have time right now, weekends are busy with chores, honey do's etc. Solve that issue and you make room and find yourself looking for a Trident 3rd stage booster box

Ha. That is an amazingly factual response.

Looks like that table was made for it. Are you keeping the your beads down in the bottom section?

image.jpeg

I wasn't sure which route to go so I asked Ammodor's to not add the humidifiers or a hydrometer.

I gathered some boveda items I had and placed them on the lid; that is 16packs x 62%. The beads are placed on the bottom, 1 pound of 65% heartfelt.

The idea being that the beads are consenttly releasing moister, and that moister is flowing up toward the boveda bags.

Thus, no need to take the bags out and re-hydrate them.

The bags don't let me ever drop below 62% and the beads don't let me pass 65%. Also the beads are a lot quicker to re-hydrate.

It's way overkill, but this Ammodor gets opened countless times daily; and when traveling for weeks at a time I always know the Ammodor will stay hydrated.

The seal on this Ammodor is perfect, I typically just latch the center. If not latched I do see a humidity drop of 1-2% over night.

As for hydrometer, I have a total of 3 in the case currently monitoring how my mixed 62/65% combo is working and trying to better understand this new to me Ammodor and how moister flows through it.

Edit: to better understand the capacity of this Ammodor. That bottom shelf has a total of 8 boxes 1 stacked on another in rolls of 2. With ample space to stuff more cigars between them.

Edit 2.0: Also Kevin, please don't run out of Stinger Missle cases. I'm counting my pennies for that case next.

Last edited: