• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too hot for Cigars?

You all need wives like the dork in this picture. Then you can smoke in the heat & air when it's too hot, or too cold. :sign:
Charleighbday022.jpg

Thank God i do, just check out my gallery and you can see that i can smoke anywhere in the house, isn't life grand.

While I am a hard core, as I mentioned, it can get hot enough to make smoking difficult. Some cigars fair better than others.
I can usually find a cool shady spot in the lawn. An extension cord, a good fan, and I'm good to go.
The Garage can get fairly hot, but I've slowly worked on that. Perhaps another year, and that is where I hope to be smoking. A semi-converted, Air Conditioned garage.

It's been 115 here and even the evenings are still 105 at 9pm. :(

I still smoke here and there after 7pm, but I do notice the difference in flavor. It's almost like the heat mutes the character. My average has gone down from a couple a week to one every 2 weeks.

In my book there is no such thing as being too hot for both golf and smoking cigars. Last year I played on the hottest day of the year in NY and I had my front and back 9 cigars and loved every minute of it especially since the course was mostly empty. I have walked 18 in the high heat and still smoked two cigars but I generally ride when its 90 plus temps. Not sure if its the heat or humidity but I enjoy watching the smoke last a long time before it disappears. Now if its cold below 60 for me that is an entirely different story!

I play regularly in 100+ heat. But then again it is the fabled "dry heat" as we rarely get above 10% humidity here. Letting the temperature dictate what you do and when you do it out here would be like someone in Seattle not going to work because it is raining.

Well if I am playing golf I am smoking a cigar on the front and back 9. I wont walk a course if its 90+ because when a hole or two go south its smoking the cigar that gets my head off those shots, and back in that good place. Minnesota over a 100 is rare and very very humid so staying off the course and in some shade with a drink seems like a far better choice.

I have never walked. Sorry, big guys don't walk that far. Also, we usually have a cooler, and I bring my own glass so I can have a good drink while I play. Obviously I'm not the best golfer in the world because I'm usually feeling good by the 6th hole. :D