• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too Much Rain in Texas.....UPDATE :)

high-n-tight

I know I haven't been active on CP very much lately; especially since we got back from Iraq and they moved me to HQ. Been working some long hours keeping the "Stars" in line (you military folks know what that means) and I finally get a chance to take some leave. Planned to take off and head up North to Wisconsin to visit family and we actually did leave....packed the motorhome and left last Thursday Night. Friday Morning while we were driving through Missouri, we get a call on our cell phone from the neighbors......a picture is worth a thousand words....

Before the Rains....

med_gallery_3185_121_397832.jpg

After the Rains....

med_gallery_3185_121_267494.jpg

Needless to say, I turned around and headed back to Texas. :(

Homeowners Insurance doesn't cover this (the house wasn't affected) and initial estimates exceed $50,000 to remove the debris and rebuild the wall (not including the pool). The last few days have been filled with Inspectors, Contractors, etc. coming over to see the damages. They all say the wall wasn't built right.....so tomorrow I go to the City to see what building permits, etc. the builders had for the wall (if any) and then see if they'll accept fault and fix the problem. If not, we have to find another way to finance this.....not sure if we have a legal case or not.....we'll find out soon.

The Blessing in all this is the house wasn't affected and no one was hurt.

In the meantime it's still raining here in TEXAS and more is in the forecast. :(

So far this year we've exceeded our annual average (30+") and in May we tripled our average (12+"). The night the wall came down we got over 5" of rain....

In Church Sunday the Pastor prayed for it to stop raining....the old timers say that was the first time they've ever heard that.....

I'll try to keep ya'll posted on this ...... but I feel a BBQ and Herf coming on when we finally dry out enough to start the clean up process.......

MTF

Edited: To make the pictures larger.....

Know how you feel. We've had two 100 yr. floods in 11 mos. here in NH. People here rebult there homes after the spring flood in '06 only to have it happen to them again in spring '07. Hope things work out for you.

Doc.

I'm in Midland and we've had record rains also!! Its terrible for an outdoors smoker :( damn mosquitos.

You know if you need anything just give me a yell!

I am also in for the BBQ and herf! he he

Hope it all works out!

Ouch!

That's horrible. Sorry to see such damage. I hope it all works out, in the mean time, smoke a good cigar :)

That really sucks to hear bro, I myself live in Texas. I just moved from Plano where it never rains to Houston (the armpit of America) where it rains a lot. I hope everything works ok!!

Hey bro,

Sorry to see such wreckage, there's been alot of effed up weather around these parts as well. This winter was REAL wonky weather-wise, then we skipped spring and wound up right in the middle of summer.

Sending some 'prayers' your way (which to me is well wishes and some posetive energy, never been much of a 'god' guy)

Cheers bro,
Rob

I hope it all works out, in the mean time, smoke a good cigar :)

Yep, that's about all I can do at this point....and I've been doing that.

1SG....you'll be one of the first ones I call; so many folks have offered to help clean up the mess I figured I might as well make it fun and turn it into a party.... :)

Mike and I are praying for you buddy! Especially for God to place favor for you in the eyes of others and a softness in the hearts of those who did you wrong. Sorry your trip was cut short! God bless you and yours!

In Christ's Love,

The Beaches

That sucks!

I'll smoke one in your honor and you have a good one yourself.

Brian

SO sorry to hear and see what happened to you there in TX...Funny how the weather effects different areas...I am in Alabama and the drought is killing us...most of the meteorologists say that what we honestly need to have are a couple of hurricanes(or tropical storms) that dont do the physical damage but drop a HUGE amt of rain in a SHORT amt of time...Hurricane season starts Friday...we just need the rain...for your sake I hope you get some "drought"....Praying for you...

Melly

I'm just a couple of hours north of you in FW. Put me on the invite list. I'll help you anyway I can. It'd be great to come down and meet you and Tas in person.

Hope it all works out for.

Blessings,

Gary

Kelly, sorry to hear about the water damage and hope the house and other property is ok. Keep us updated on when you plan on doing the repairs or having them done.

Not to Thread Jack, but we got a lot of water in Oklahoma this weekend as well.

The water came rolling through Duncan as well.

Flash Flood Video

There is one on YouTube as well but I can't get to it to link from work.

Sorry to hear and see that. We've had so much rain, it's put a damper on me finishing/working on my addition. I know in a 3 day span, we had 7 inches. It's getting ridiculous. Keep your head up.

Sorry to hear that brother. Will keep you guys in my continued thoughts and prayers.

sorry to hear about your wall and pool. i hope you are able to get it back together right this time without having to spend too much. i too live in texas and i welcomed this rain for a while, but now it is starting to cause some problems around the house.

*starts praying for sun

Wow, just saw the pictures...
That is a lot of damage.
Good luck trying to get the builder to do anything. :(
They are usually not very responsive after the house has been built.

Well I went back to work yesterday and got home around 1800 (6pm)....as I turned the corner I saw smoke permeating from the back of the house. I thought "WTF...did the wife get so fed up with it all that she started burning the place down?"

As I walked in the house, I met my wife, her face covered with soot and her hair all messed up from the incident...she calmly says, "I think you got a package today." :)

Bahianut....totally uncalled for.....Thanks for the Great selection of smokes.......

I'll smoke one in your honor today.

HnT

Best wishes for no further damage. I grew up in SoCal where Flood/Mudslide is a SEASON! ??? Put me on the list for the "clean-up" party, I'll do my damnedest to make it as I have a bit of usefull experience with cleanup and retaining walls. Never a poor excuse to meet other BOTLs. I'm in Dallas and it just won't stop raining either, for me it just postpones having to crank on the A/C.

Sorry to hear about this. We set a record for lowest rainfall in May here in Rochester with only a quarter inch...