• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too much water on my beads..How do I dry them?

CigarBaron

Hey guys,

I put too much water on my beads so they are all clear now...i read somewhere on here how to dry them but I can't find that post...how do I dry them out?

Also, I thought putting too much water would make it more humid, but that's not the case...the humidity won't go above 61%...is that normal?

Thanks for the advice--I know it's been asked before but I couldn't it when i searched.

Use a blow dryer on low setting. Water in the beads will not raise the rH above their designated range. Adding more water will not change anything. Adding too much water will prevent the beads from extracting humidity out of the air.

edit: also, being that you live in florida and not up north like us poor bastards, you can probably keep the beads at half and half to regulate itself properly. experiment, a few days with the rH off in either direction is not going to hurt ya.

There was a earlier post that stated to place them in the oven to 'dry' them out. However, I think I personally would use the above method.

Just my .02

Yes, you want to be careful not to get too much water on them, because in rare cases you can actually grow mold on them and then you'll have to just toss em and start over. Or so I've heard... :whistling:

Brandon can dry my beads anyday. :love:

Send them to me in Denver, I'll return them white as can be in a couple of days. :rolleyes:

I think you guys are sniffing the beads..... :laugh:

Hey guys,

I put too much water on my beads so they are all clear now...i read somewhere on here how to dry them but I can't find that post...how do I dry them out?

Also, I thought putting too much water would make it more humid, but that's not the case...the humidity won't go above 61%...is that normal?

Thanks for the advice--I know it's been asked before but I couldn't it when i searched.

Either method you have been given works well.