• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Torano Exodus and RyJ Maduro Reserve

Big Slim Junior

I tried the Torano Exodus 1959 and the RyJ Maduro Reserve tonight that you sent in our trade... very nice smokes. They both got kind of harsh at the end, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Part of it was my fault. We got carried away in conversation and I let the RyJ go out.

Ah, you too, huh? I find those RyJ Reserves a little harsh near the end as well. I guess it's not my imagination after all!!

Those Carlos Torano Exodus 1959's are a nice Cameroon.

Glad you liked them!!

Rockin' Daddy and the Rough Cuts !!

coventrycat86 said:
Those Carlos Torano Exodus 1959's are a nice Cameroon.
From the Torano web site

Exodus 1959
This cigar commemorates the Exodus of expert Cuban cigar families and their impact on the cigar industry after the nationalization of all tobacco farms and cigar factories by the Cuban government in 1959. The Toraños were one of those families.

Wrapper: Habano
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Costa Rica

:D

And all the Exodus '59's I've seen have either had the darkest EMS wrapper ever used or are maduro process.
Doesn't matter, really, they are delicious, dependable smokes. So good, in fact, that I rarely use them as a routine smoke.

The RyJ Reserve Maduros are among some of the most complex, delicious smokes I've ever had! Would trade for those anytime!! :D

Wrapper: Habano
duh.gif

Thanks Wascal!! It's good to have somebody keeping me in line :D

I know the Torano website says that the wrapper is "Habano" but I believe it's the H2000 wrapper to be specific. I've never really cared for H2000 wrapped cigars but they got it right with the Exodus.... a great burning, great tasting and gorgeous wrapper!

Aloha,

Wade

No matter what the wrapper, both cigars smoked great. Nice draw, the smoke was very fulfilling (for lack of a better word). It was just the last couple of inches that they over-powered me.