• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tornadoes in Joplin, MO

Josh

Chronically Misinformed
I drove down from KC to Joplin today to check on a few people and help out with the clean up. This isn't my first tornado that I've cleaned up after but it is certainly the worst. Here are some pictures:

Tornado Album.

I've never damage like this. I'll be adding more pictures to the album over the next few days.

That's incredible how strong the twister was, my prayers go out to all the killed or injured and missing. Sometimes you get a test of your faith, stay strong brother.

Pardon the posting of your photo, but this spoke volumes:

IMG_0481.JPG

No problem, Wolfe. That used to be a neighborhood.

Tornadoes hit the street we used to live on on base in Little Rock last month. I've never seen anything like this, though. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected. Absolutely terrifying.

I updated the album with new pictures. Fortunately there's no real shortage of volunteers so people are being fed, clothed, sheltered and medically attended to. There's a long road ahead for clean up and rebuilding, though.

These were all taken with a point and click camera often while in a moving vehicle, so my photography is lacking. It'd be lacking anyway, just lacking less.

Oh man that sucks ass, is it me or are those tornado's getting bigger and badder and more often. Thoughts go out to all those affected.

God bless you, Josh. Those folks need all the help they can get right now. I've sent my donation to the Salvation Army. I hope if others are able they can send a little help to the organization of their choosing to help those in need.

Wow! I am not sure how I could survive that. Those that did have bigger hearts than I. GOD bless to all those affected and I hope people do the right thing.

I just got home from Joplin with a bit of a tan and a couple of new blisters. With the next wave of storms rolling in and no where to hide, I decided to cut my trip short for now.

There were a LOT of volunteers from Joplin and out of town. The Red Cross was turning them away by early afternoon on Monday. Everyone in need got medical attention, food, clothing and shelter.

The people are the best part of the Midwest. To those of you who donated, thank you so much. These people really need it.

That is amazing footage. The weather is becoming more and more extreme.

4 tornado's touched down in Northern California last night, which is very rare...

That tornado was like 4 miles from my brother in-laws house, and was I think like 3 blocks from where my father in-law works. They told us that it was mass carnage, but I didn't realize until I saw the pics posted.

WOW, my heart goes out to the families that lost everything. I just hope that the death count doesn't get too high.

Very well played my friend and thanks so much. All my thoughts sent.

I thought I'd share this link to a news story from the UK that a co-worker sent me today. It has a lot of very interesting pictures of the devastation.

Daily Mail Article

I could only get through the first quarter of the pictures, i just couldn't handle seeing any more. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to get the destruction cleaned up and the rebuilding started.

The destruction is horrible. We had a tornado last night here in north Louisiana. Thankfully, the damage was minor.

The picture from that article that really drove home the level of destruction was the aerial photo and you can see the path of the tornado and then the parts of the city that weren't damaged. It makes you realize just how big this tornado was compared to the "normal" tornado.

The Westboro crackpots are headed to Joplin. I don't think spreading the message "Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin" to a thousands of people with nothing left to lose is a well thought out plan... I just hope no one gets hurt.

Thanks all for the kind words, but I'm no saint - ask around. :laugh: I just felt like people needed to know about this and I did my best to spread the story and pictures to my corners of the internet.