• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Toronto - Cigar shop report

scthornton

First, thanks to those who pointed me in the direction of some good cigar shops in Toronto.

I wanted to report back for everyone.

Thomas Hinds - decent shop, they had the Canadian release cigars, as well as 2 / 3 of the 2008 Limited Releases. They also had a decent selection of Dominican and Nicaraguan cigars. Of course, none of these were at prices I would consider even remotely decent. Good thing the US dollar has gained on the Canadian Dollar the last few months. They did have 3 2005, 2006, 2007 book releases and a 1492 humidor in tact, those things are pretty cool.

LCDH - I liked the LCDH shop, prices were a bit better, selection similar...except...LCDH had some aged stock, which was nice, not at a premium, but had to buy by the box. Shop was more upscale than Thomas Hinds. The impressive part about LCDH was they had, not only a Cohiba 1492 humidor (3K cheaper than Thomas Hinds), but they also had some really HTF humidor releases intact, the farm house, Partagas 150 and 160, special Romeo and Juliet release, some Cohiba round releases, a couple Millennium releases, pretty cool stuff to see.

All in all, I'd probably go to LCDH over Thomas Hinds, prices are better and LCDH has everything Thomas Hinds has and then some. However, cigar shopping in the winter is pretty much worthless in Toronto unless you want to smoke in your car, you can't smoke ANYWHERE, not even the cigar shops, pretty sad, definitely disappointing. I guess I'll have to try my selections when I get home...

I was there two years ago New years. I agree ll the way on the cigar shop choice. I Flat out just smoked in my room. Tipped the mad well and she never said a thing.