• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tough Economy, Limited Choices

PapaGwan

Evenin'!

So, with tough economic times(especially for us lower class folk barely scraping by), I had to start limiting my pleasures. First to go was console games; they are expensive! Second was leisure trips; with gas prices this high, who can afford to go for pleasure rides or road trips? But I refuse to stop smoking. I love cigars and pipes! But, I also can't fit big price cigars into my budget. I'd rather smoke good smoke often, then amazing smokes rarely.

So I come to you for help. Which brands would provide the biggest "bang for my buck" as it were. I don't want to sacrifice quality that much, but I can't shell out ten bucks a pop. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
PapaGwan

I know exactly what you mean! Not sure where your taste profile lies, but I'm just finishing up a La Vieja Habana (older label) gifted from RyderMonster and it is a solid smoke. I notice they are around $3 when you spring for the box. Also in my rotation, I love Baccarat luchadores from the Camacho family or a nice AF Chateau Sungrown, Padron delicias or londres size.

Common theme.......all around $65 or less for a box and some are morning, midday or evening smoke for walking the dog. I've tried the $20-$40 dollar box blowouts on the big cigar sites and so far nothing memorable.

Welcome to CP and if you're putting yourself in the lower class folk category, then sign me up too!
laugh.gif

I hear ya! Being a poor college student, I have found a few good smokes for cheap prices.

Of course the Padron thousand series are fantastic smokes, especially with some age, yet they wont break the bank

I've also come to enjoy a lot of Punch and El Rey Del Mundo which tend to be cheaper.

But as far as bargain smokes, you cant go wrong with the Rocky Patel Facroty 2nds Sungrowns, or the Factory Selects, which I believe are readily available in Rosado. Check out famous smoke shop for these. I fell in love with the old PAtel Factory Selects (which were identical to the sungrowns) in the Petite Corona size. Great smokes, great taste, at a pretty quick size.

Enjoy!

Evenin'!So, with tough economic times(especially for us lower class folk barely scraping by), I had to start limiting my pleasures. First to go was console games; they are expensive! Second was leisure trips; with gas prices this high, who can afford to go for pleasure rides or road trips? But I refuse to stop smoking. I love cigars and pipes! But, I also can't fit big price cigars into my budget. I'd rather smoke good smoke often, then amazing smokes rarely. So I come to you for help. Which brands would provide the biggest "bang for my buck" as it were. I don't want to sacrifice quality that much, but I can't shell out ten bucks a pop. Any suggestions?Thanks!PapaGwan

I feel you brother, I havent been able to buy any cigars in awhile. Padron 2000 Suggestion

Go to Cbid and look for La Herencia Cubana robustos and Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4's (coronas). Very tasty sticks that are usually available for $1.50-2.00 each. Highly recommended.

Padron 2000 or 3000, very hard to beat for a great reasonably priced smoke.

sorry to hear that, I know it is a growing issue for many of us. Have you decided on anything.

Check out the Brickhouse from JC Newman....also, the La Aroma de Cuba (new blend---Pepin blended for Ashton). These 2 are the best new releases for the $$ to come out this past year.

I would do Cigarbid and at CI they have "Make Me An Offer" I recently did that and got some good smokes for half off! Just a few thoughts...

x2 on CBid (or as some call it "the Evil site" because it's addicting)

As long as you don't get caught up in the bidding wars and do something stupid (like paying $73 for a five-pack of AF Hemingways!), you can get some very sweet deals.

Since you love pipes, why not just smoke more of those? Pipe tobacco is dirt cheap. So cheap actually that people are starting to use "dry" pipe tobacco for rolling cigarettes instead of buying packs.

I was going to mention Brickhouse as I have heard some good things about them. Casa Magnas are good bang for your buck. Sometimes there are some awesome deals at CI joecigar too. Im enjoying some Alec Bradley Tempus that I recently picked up for 39.99 for a 10 pack with free shipping.

I'm a noob also but two smokes I really like in the 4 to 5 dollar range are the Montecristo Afrique (medium to full) and Santa Damiana (mild to medium). They both burn well and are very creamy. The Motecristo has a very deep dark creamy flavor. The Santa Damiana is lighter, but a nice smoke none the less.

I like the h. upmann reserve maduro. They can be found for about $5 online.

I'm a noob also but two smokes I really like in the 4 to 5 dollar range are the Montecristo Afrique (medium to full) and Santa Damiana (mild to medium). They both burn well and are very creamy. The Motecristo has a very deep dark creamy flavor. The Santa Damiana is lighter, but a nice smoke none the less.

Havent had an Afrique in a long time but I always liked them.

I get a lot of my smokes on Cbid or CI's Joes daily deal - helps to keep the average cost/stick under control. You can get a lot of nice smokes in the $2-3 range. Some staples for me are 5 Vegas Series A's, CAO Brazalia and Italia's, Don Pepin Baez's and Series JJ's. They have a lot of RP 2nds also, but some say they need some humi time to taste like the 1st do. I usually just spend a few dollars more and go straight to the 1st on RP stuff.