• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trading question

rizzyo

Hey guys, I'm new so bear with me...

I have quite a few cigars that I simply do not enjoy...I'm trying to find out the proper way to trade these sticks...

Honestly, I know nothing about the proper decorum and process that goes into trading...I just don't like these and am trying to find someone who does!

Can any of you guys educate me on the proper methods to go about trading with another cigar smoker?

Hey guys, I'm new so bear with me...

I have quite a few cigars that I simply do not enjoy...I'm trying to find out the proper way to trade these sticks...

(3) Padilla Edicion Especial 2006 Obsidian (belicoso)
(3) Gurkha Signature 101 Robusto #4
(2) El Mejor Emerald Belicoso
(5) Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro Quadrum

Honestly, I know nothing about the proper decorum and process that goes into trading...I just don't like these and am trying to find someone who does!

Can any of you guys educate me on the proper methods to go about trading with another cigar smoker?

In terms of CP you can go to the BST forum and read the rules in red on the top of the page. After being an active member here for 4 months you can offer a trade if you like.

I'd start by going to Buy/Sell/Trade forum and reading the red print at the top. That will at least give you the outlines as to how that works on the board. When you've met the criteria, then you simply post what you have to trade and see if anyone wants to do so. Normally, as a newer guy you'll be asked to send your end first to a more established member. There is a great deal more etiquette about the whole thing somewhere, but we do it under that forum to keep everything above the board and to keep it transparent as we are a self moderated board and that's what helps us keep it safe to trade here.

The way it works is that when you signed on it explained a whole lot of stuff. Like most folks you clicked through and missed the fine points of the issue. The two gents above pointed you to the correct info. Oh welcome to CP!

The way it works is that when you signed on it explained a whole lot of stuff. Like most folks you clicked through and missed the fine points of the issue. The two gents above pointed you to the correct info. Oh welcome to CP!

:rolleyes::laugh:

l_798a3eaa275a407e9f94320d2d2a89f0.jpg

:D

No I read it, but don't forget that it is quite a lot for someone incredibly new to the forum to remember everything instantly.

What harm is there in reaching out to current members to be sure that I do everything correctly?

No I read it, but don't forget that it is quite a lot for someone incredibly new to the forum to remember everything instantly.

What harm is there in reaching out to current members to be sure that I do everything correctly?

None at all, but reading the rules of the road so to say is important are they not?

Just want to make sure it is okay with you on this point.

I has to do with how you posted it.

1. There was no need to post the sticks. (Makes it seem like you are trying to get someone to offer you a trade before your are eligible.)
2. You are not the first newbie to try and trade or sell before they are allowed.
3. Newbies have a habit of posting first before searching as you did along with not reading rule.

None, you asked, they answered.

Did you post your introduction in the proper forum? Did you do a newbie sampler deal? It is possible whichever FOG is up next might accept your sticks as payment on a newbie sampler, it would be entirely up to them.

The members here are quite serious about the rules and it is easy to get off on the wrong foot if you don't follow established procedure.

None at all, but reading the rules of the road so to say is important are they not?

Just want to make sure it is okay with you on this point.

Absolutely, I'm a pretty avid poster at pipes.org and I understand all the hurdles that go into trading etc.

Thanks though for all the posts, I'm more than happy to wait it out...these sticks are only going to get better in the humidor, right?

Did you post your introduction in the proper forum? Did you do a newbie sampler deal? It is possible whichever FOG is up next might accept your sticks as payment on a newbie sampler, it would be entirely up to them.

The members here are quite serious about the rules and it is easy to get off on the wrong foot if you don't follow established procedure.

I did post an introduction...I hate to sound naive, but where do I find out about a newbie sampler trade? That sounds ideal.

My apologies for posting the actual cigars, I've gone ahead and edited them out of the post...sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Thanks though for all the posts, I'm more than happy to wait it out...these sticks are only going to get better in the humidor, right?

No, those in particular were doomed from the start :sign:

But that's just my personal preferences.

I did post an introduction...I hate to sound naive, but where do I find out about a newbie sampler trade? That sounds ideal.

My apologies for posting the actual cigars, I've gone ahead and edited them out of the post...sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

You can find the newbie sampler on the top of the BST section. It is pinned. Best of luck. :thumbs:

You can find the newbie sampler on the top of the BST section. It is pinned. Best of luck. :thumbs:

Gotcha, so should I just post the cigars I'm trying to trade there?

I think you should read the thread first. That is not how it works. The newbie sampler is meant for newbies to purchase a sampler from a more established member in order to try various new/different sticks.

You really need to read the rules and forget about trading the cigars.

You really need to read the rules and forget about trading the cigars.
Hmm, I'm used to trading pipe tobacco pretty regularly...is there a more appropriate venue for direct trading of cigars out there?

Yes, there is. While there is some buying, selling and trading of cigars here, that is not why we choose to hang out here. This is a cigar community. If you're only interested in buying and selling, there is nothing wrong with that, but this isn't the place. If you want to talk about cigars, beer, booze and the occasional admiring of the female form, then stick around and participate. Good luck to you which ever you choose.

You have to be here four months in order to trade cigars, you haven't been here four days. I suggested that a FOG might accept your sticks as payment for newbie deal and that was a mistake on my part.

If you are smart and serious about being a member of this community. Do not post any more replies in this thread, not even to this one. Also, don't go back and edit previous posts, like removeing things from your OP, it is against the rules.

There are a lot of rules here and new member's activities are restricted but there are good reasons for the restrictions. If you decide to stick around and play by the rules, you will have opportunities to try cigars you don't even know exist.

If you want to trade cigars right off the bat go to onlinehumidor.com. Good luck and thanks for visiting!