• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Humidors

EliWaynne

Hi!

I am checking out travel humidors as something to maybe invest in at a later date. Trying to do my homework now, so I have an idea of how much I'm looking at.

I see much talk about the Herf a Dor. I started looking them over. They actually don't seem to have very many "good" reviews. I mean many people seem to leave good reviews and give them high praise. However, if you take the time to sort through all the reviews, not just the top reviews and such, they don't get a lot of love.

Many people talked about clasp breaking, or snapping, off. Hinges that get loose and eventually break off, or just flat break off. I've read a few, no many, about no air tight seal. I know they are pretty inexpensive, but I don't want to have to keep buying a new every month or two because of poor craftsmanship.

I took a look at a couple Xikar "travel" humidors. Many reviews said that although sold as travel humidors, they are not.

Herf and Xikar are pretty much the only 2 "good" companies that I've heard bout or been told about. Does anyone have any experiences with these humidors?

Are there any other brands that I might check into?

I have a 5-cigar and an 18-cigar Cigar Caddy. I’ve had both for years and I’ve had no issues with either one.

I have a 5-cigar and an 18-cigar Cigar Caddy. I’ve had both for years and I’ve had no issues with either one.
Cigar Caddy... Ok, seems like I remember seeing that, but I don't remember looking at them. I'll check out Cigar Caddy. Thanks

There are many brands that sell the same device, just under a different name -- I believe that Cigar Caddy and Herf-a-Dor are the same product. I've been using my 5-count Herf-a-Dor for 12 years with no issues. Nearly daily use and no complaints. Unless you are planning on storing cigars in the thing for weeks at a time, I wouldn't sweat the possibility of seal issues. That being said, I've dropped mine in water before and it's been out overnight accidentally in the rain. No leakage.

I have the Xikar 15 for when vacationing, but for when I’m just going out to dinner or something I use this GALINER Cigar Humidor Case, Cedar Wood Portable Cigar Travel Leather Humidor Box With Humidifier, Removable Cedar Tray (Black) https://a.co/d/9AGijwE it has faired well over the past two years.

I have a 5 slot xikar, and a 15 slot. Long vacations are 15…even though it’s rare to go through them all, shorter is 5. I also have a 3 slot leather one for trips out to nicer places. Xikar ones are great.

I had to buy a new travel humidor a year or more ago. I ended up getting this one. I feel like it latches better and is more durable. I was leary to buy one that wasn't the norm but happy I did.