• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel to Cuba

Very interesting. I'm not sure if I've taken a greater notice because of it's cigar mecca status, but there sure has been alot of articles and news lately about this. The biggest trend I've noticed is a general lowering of expectations. Almost every article and travel story I've read recently makes a point of telling the reader not to expect what we consider 5-star accommodations and service. Despite all of those, I see one of two things happening: Travel gets opened up, there's a flood of US tourists, they get lousy service, average food and outdated hotels, then it all dies down and few people keep going OR Cuba is somehow able to quickly build-up and renovate and change their service-industry attitude and it's a big hit.

I personally hope it's a combination of the two. Part of the allure for me is that it's more real, authentic, and cultural. Alot of tourists these days just want to physically be in that different place, but they want it to be as much like home as possible.

I personally hope it's a combination of the two. Part of the allure for me is that it's more real, authentic, and cultural. Alot of tourists these days just want to physically be in that different place, but they want it to be as much like home as possible.

My exact feeling as well. I couldn't have said it better.

sun-sentinel.com/ ??? sure buddy, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, when I read it on bcc or nytimes. then maybe.

The bill would help lift travel restrictions for Cuban Exiles. It didn't say for the general populace of the USA. Being a world traveler that I am, I expect to have crappy service in most countries I visit. It has served me well over the years and even my experiences in the UK have been crappy. Some of the best service I've ever seen was in Moscow, Russia.

One place in Amsterdam refused us service on the basis we didn't speak Dutch. The place was only a 1/4 full and was told to leave. Thats horse shit in my opinion but they lost our service and we went else where. I also got kicked out of a Ukrainian place in Moscow for smoking cigars. After they said we could. Service and food was awesome. But while everyone else was chain smoking in the smokers section, we was hassled instead. LOL!!!

And having been down to Honduras, Cuba wouldn't really be much different. And I would get a ticket to Cuba ASAP before it really got out of hand but I don't see the travel restriction lifted for American citizens any time soon.

sun-sentinel.com/ ??? sure buddy, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, when I read it on bcc or nytimes. then maybe.

Not sure if you are implying that there is no such bill, but if you are, there is.

It's House Bill H.R.874.IH

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c111...p/~c111O1ia9y::

Ditto - That website I believe is for one of the main Florida newspapers, the Orlando Sentinel I think. It's nothing close to the kind of grocery store check-out crap that I think you're implying it is.

And having been down to Honduras, Cuba wouldn't really be much different. And I would get a ticket to Cuba ASAP before it really got out of hand but I don't see the travel restriction lifted for American citizens any time soon.

I too would be hoping to get down there ASAP after restrictions are lifted. My expectation is that once the embargo lifts the dollars will begin flowing and the concrete pouring which may well spoil the character of many places. Of course the people living in those places will likely welcome the money and jobs that come with it.

Not sure if you are implying that there is no such bill, but if you are, there is.

It's House Bill H.R.874.IH

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c111...p/~c111O1ia9y::

Ditto - That website I believe is for one of the main Florida newspapers, the Orlando Sentinel I think. It's nothing close to the kind of grocery store check-out crap that I think you're implying it is.

IMO, the New York Times IS the kind of grocery store check out crap you are referring to.