• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Cigars

nicko99

~ Amateur Cigar Smoker ~
Another first for me. I smoked a Trinidad Toro tonight and wasn't impressed. It was a full body cigar and all. But after the hype, it didn't measure up. (not that I'm a connoisseur or anything)

What did/do you think of the Trinidad cigars?

If it was the domestic, they need aging. If it's the habana Trini you got a dud.

I got it from the Trinidad ad in FHM magazine. Send in your ID and they send you a Toro cigar. I've had it in the humidor for about 3 months.

That would be the domestic. I have smoked the beli and a churchill and they were alright, a little aging should make them better.

Not worth the price they are charging IMHO.

I have smoked a couple of the domestic, and had no problem with them, full bodied and tasty all the way to the nub. As for the ISOM, I plan to order a few soon but have been informed by Mitchell @ Cigars Ltd. that they are not all that they are cracked up to be. Sorry you got skunked, try setting one aside for a few more months. The first one I smoked was ruff, it came from an add in Playboy Mag. and was shipped direct from Miami, and it was probably to new allso. Keep trying, they are really good smokes.

Shadow said:
Not worth the price they are charging IMHO.
I agree, not worth the money they want for 'em. There are plenty of other cigars that I enjoy for less.

The Trinidad corona is one of my most favorite cigars. I will admit they are a bit pricey, but IMHO they are a great smoke. I just wish they were easier to come by. I will go with shadow on the aging thing, I have a box that is from the original release and the older they get the better they get! :thumbs:

I only keep 1or 2 in the humi because of the price. But I believe they are a delicious smoke and require somehat of a reason to torch them.

Shadow said:
If it was the domestic, they need aging. If it's the habana Trini you got a dud.
Shadow, you have had the Habana Trinidad? You are my hero. You never cease to amaze me.

I smoke the domestic Trinidad as often as I can. Churchill & Corona. I have not had any problems with them. They are very plentiful here. I have no trouble getting them except for price. I love them. I think a lot of people mistake there Full Flavor for a not-so-good smoke. They come out of the gate at full force. They tame slightly and are very consistent 'til the end.

I sent Sir-Smokes a couple. We'll see what he thinks.

STYX&STONED said:
As for the ISOM, I plan to order a few soon but have been informed by Mitchell @ Cigars Ltd. that they are not all that they are cracked up to be.
Well if he's talking about the "new code" Trini's...I'd agree...they need some time. Although, if you get yourself a box of 98's....Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!
:D LOL ;)

UMMMMMMMMMM Old Trinis UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. :thumbs:

TheBeast said:
STYX&STONED said:
As for the ISOM, I plan to order a few soon but have been informed by Mitchell @ Cigars Ltd. that they are not all that they are cracked up to be.
Well if he's talking about the "new code" Trini's...I'd agree...they need some time. Although, if you get yourself a box of 98's....Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!
:D LOL ;)
I second this. The only couple I have had were the '98 vintage and were the dogs bollocks. Smoke em if you gottem.

Emo

I just bought a box of 98 ISOM trinis. I sold most and then traded the rest away. They had zero flavor just like the other trinidads that i've tried. Thumbs down here.
For the money just snag some Cohiba robustos and you'll have a 100% better smoke and you'll save a few buck too.

Vic

Vikder said:
I just bought a box of 98 ISOM trinis. I sold most and then traded the rest away. They had zero flavor just like the other trinidads that i've tried. Thumbs down here.
Other ISOM Trinidads?

JOE.M. said:
Other ISOM Trinidads?

I don't mean other versions of Trinis. I mean the other Trinidads that i've tried other than this box. :p
There are 2-3 Trinidad sizes total, but i am only referring to the Fundadore (sp?) size.

Vic