• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Coloniales question

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
I recently acquired a box of Trinidad Coloniales with a box code of AML DIC-06. I was pretty excited to try them as I have read some very good reviews and they're small (like sub-corona sized) which makes them a good choice for a Minnesota winter cigar. :D

Anyway, I have just sparked my 3rd out of the box and have found them to be more or less unsmokeably tight. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I just being impatient with them by not leaving them alone for a couple of months?

I recently acquired a box of Trinidad Coloniales with a box code of AML DIC-06. I was pretty excited to try them as I have read some very good reviews and they're small (like sub-corona sized) which makes them a good choice for a Minnesota winter cigar. :D

Anyway, I have just sparked my 3rd out of the box and have found them to be more or less unsmokeably tight. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I just being impatient with them by not leaving them alone for a couple of months?

Coloniales or Reyes?

Do they all feel tight in a particular area? <get out of the gutter wasy>

Either way....let them sit.
Also, I notice that when I smoke in the cold the cigar sometimes tightens up like my....well...it just doesn't smoke right.

Send me a few and I'll try them indoors! :whistling:

Coloniales or Reyes?

Do they all feel tight in a particular area? <get out of the gutter wasy>

Either way....let them sit.
Also, I notice that when I smoke in the cold the cigar sometimes tightens up like my....well...it just doesn't smoke right.

Send me a few and I'll try them indoors! :whistling:

Coloniales. Nope, no particular hard spots; they are just quite solid all the way through.

Luckily, I have gotten the wife to agree to making my office the only smoke-friendly room in the house. I have a double window fan going while I smoke and then an air purifier and a smoker's candle when I am done. Ahhhh the sacrifieces I make - sitting happily in front of my computer with a cigar rofl. Anyway, I like the small sizes for the drive to work. But yes, I agree that smoking outside when the temp gets into the teens and lower makes a difference for sure.

I think I'll just let 'em sit for a while but patience is not a virtue of mine - unless I am actually smoking :)

By the way, I saw somewhere close to 200 Dead shows back when I was...less responsible. I've been waiting to give you a salute for your name and avatar.

So... O7 - I salute you sir.

Probably still too wet. How long have you had them resting in your humidor? Also, feel the wrapper and if it is a little more "crunchy" than normal, it is too wet and probably why the draw is tight. I recently had an May '07 Fundadore (I know, I know, way too soon!) and while pretty good, draw was a little tight b/c it was still too wet.

Probably still too wet. How long have you had them resting in your humidor? Also, feel the wrapper and if it is a little more "crunchy" than normal, it is too wet and probably why the draw is tight. I recently had an May '07 Fundadore (I know, I know, way too soon!) and while pretty good, draw was a little tight b/c it was still too wet.

They have only been in the humidor for a bit over a week. Like I said, I patience is not one of my strong points :rolleyes:

The wrappers feel fine although the cigars feel a bit heavy, if that makes any sense. I think you both are right - they need to sit for a while and probably a good long while at that.

I'll leave 'em alone for a few months and smoke something else in the meantime.

x2

I had the same problem with mines....they have now been in my humidor cabinet for more than 2 years, and they smoke great....

They have only been in the humidor for a bit over a week. Like I said, I patience is not one of my strong points :rolleyes:

The wrappers feel fine although the cigars feel a bit heavy, if that makes any sense. I think you both are right - they need to sit for a while and probably a good long while at that.

I'll leave 'em alone for a few months and smoke something else in the meantime.

Not even close to having recovered from its voyage.
Let them sit for about 2-3 mos to recover and make sure to have them resting at around 65%rh.

I have a box from Dec 06 as well. They've been well rested in my coolidoor for several months at about 62% and they are smokin damn fine. By far the best young Cuban I've had, perfect draw on every single one. I can't recall but they did rest several months (if not a half year) before crackin into em.

Back