• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Reyes (Cuba)

EzTheFix

Trinidad Reyes (Cuba)
Posted by E.Z. under Cigar Reviews (Photos)

With the exception of the Robusto Extra, which I found much too bland, monochromatic and linear, I have always enjoyed a good Trinidad. They are pricey, but here, in my opinion, you pay for something very special and very hard to duplicate. They are mild to medium bodied, and yet have darker notes that you wouldn’t necessarily expect in a milder smoke, and a good evolution of flavor and aroma that are unique and tantalizing no matter who you are.

The construction is perfect one hundred percent of the time, from pigtail to foot. There’s nothing like that kind of predictability in a cigar to make you want to buy it by the box. The wrapper is free of kinks or spots and sweetly scented with notes of spices and cacao butter. The draw too is predictably on spot.

I lit a Trini Reyes while watching the New England – Indianapolis game. I figured a great game deserves something worthy to accompany it. Thick, complex and very aromatic, the smoke that oozes from the foot on these is rewarding immediately upon lighting.

The texture of the smoke is actually quite creamy, and begins to evolve after about half an inch. Sweet spices and cacao butter, at the onset, yield to more musky vanilla and nuts. I distinctly pick up walnuts here, but some of my friends say it’s almonds… whatever the case, we all agree it’s a very delicate and elegant evolution.

Finally, the cigar settles on darker caramel notes laced with licorice and sweet wood. I’m not sure I would go so far as to pair this up with a single malt or a brandy. Keep from overpowering this by pairing it with champagne, or an oaky white wine. In my case, I had a nice bottle of Amontillao, a semi-dry golden sherry I drew from the oak barrels just three weeks ago.

I admit to being disappointed at the Patriots’ winning that game, but I had a hell of a great cigar in hand to see me through. :cool:

An all-time fave of mine. A little firecracker that never fails to deliver.

Wilkey

I love these sticks, great flavor/strength balance and great size.

The Trini Reyes really are one of the best quick smokes out there. A really great morning smoke for me. A mild and flavorful treat when time is short. :thumbs:

Bob

Very descriptive review of one of the better cigars Cuba has to offer in that vitola. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent review and photos as always. I definitely agree that the texture of the smoke these produce is a perfect example of creamy.

This is certainly one of the best of it's size! They are hard to have on hand, being so tasty I can't save them!! :thumbs:

Wow. Great review. This cigar is going on my wish list. If you don't mind my asking, what was the date of production? Recent release?

Very nice review for an excellent cigar, one of my favorites...

- Doug