• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trip Report for Colorado Springs

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
Reaction score
I R back EARLY!
(Relatively unscathed.)
Most importantly, I found a very cool little Martini/Cigar Bar in the heart of Colorado Springs called “15C” :
http://www.15cclub.com/
Dark wood paneling, leather couches and chairs, great scotch selection, and a little hard to find… there was no sign, no real front door, and the entrance was in the middle of an alleyway, unmarked except for a blue light. Reminded me of a “speakeasy.” No tourists, only locals. I found out about it after a waitress at the Phantom Canyon Brewing Co. (who has the greatest “Queen’s Blonde Ale and Smoked Gouda Soup” in the world) noticed my rugged, but boyish, good looks (and saw me with a cigar in my hand) and told me that it was one of the few places left in Colorado Springs where you could smoke indoors. She met me and some of my boys for drinks and gars later that night and helped me celebrate my birthday.

The only downside… was an OK selection of cigars at exorbitant prices. (Monte #2 for $26!) (Luckily, I brought my own.)
What was interesting is that I went to the B&M that supplied the cigars to the bar and I noticed that the prices were not much different. It looks like the markup was not that much. Are the taxes on tobacco that high in Colorado?

BTW…Oh and thank you to “tkoepp” who told me to “…revisit the Padrons', you might have just had a bad one...” I did, I must have, and now I like them. Big thanks to tkoepp!

Good to be back…if only for a week…

C&G

Thanks for the review.

We are moving back to the Springs next year after a 15 year hiatus. Its good to know that there is at least one nice place to go.

Did it look like more of an upscale bar or did they have a lot of couches and chairs or TV's which make it more catered to cigar smokers?

Yes, taxes are very high - #2 or 3 in the country. I do still frequent my local B&M and buy a few sticks. Sounds like a nice joint, though. I might have to make a trip, if you'll share the password.

Thanks for the review.

We are moving back to the Springs next year after a 15 year hiatus. Its good to know that there is at least one nice place to go.

Did it look like more of an upscale bar or did they have a lot of couches and chairs or TV's which make it more catered to cigar smokers?

I would not say it was upscale, but it had a couple of Plasmas showing sports over the bar. I would also add that it very cozy with some tables scattered about. Not very big at all. And only a couple of leather sofas. If you go to the link, there are pictures.

Are you going to NORTHCOM or 10th SFG or going to another civilian occupation? At any rate, it was a surprisingly good find...

Cheers!

C&G

15C is a pretty nice place, if a bit pricey; but, they allow you to bring your own. Their not stingy when mixing drinks either. I get there once a month or so.

If you're visiting Colorado Springs, don't overlook Stags as great B&M with a smoking lounge with a large plasma tv, huge leather chairs, free coffee. It's not terribly fancy, but they have a great selection and some pretty friendly folks hang out there. Stick prices there will be around half of 15C (which I would expect)

Taxes out here kill us, 40% of MSRP I think.

Does Stag allow you to bring in your own to smoke? Assuming of course that you purchase something there anyway.

Does the Broadmoor have a smoking lounge anywhere on premise?

Are there any other nice comfy cigar spots in the Springs?

15C is a pretty nice place, if a bit pricey; but, they allow you to bring your own. Their not stingy when mixing drinks either. I get there once a month or so.

If you're visiting Colorado Springs, don't overlook Stags as great B&M with a smoking lounge with a large plasma tv, huge leather chairs, free coffee. It's not terribly fancy, but they have a great selection and some pretty friendly folks hang out there. Stick prices there will be around half of 15C (which I would expect)

Taxes out here kill us, 40% of MSRP I think.

...one would expect, but when I went to Old West Cigar & Tobacco (who stocks the humi at 15C) their prices were only a couple of $$ cheaper than 15C. $23 for a montecristo #2 at Old West ($26 at 15C). That is what originally sparked my question on tobacco taxes in CO.

But...geez...40% ???!

Anywho...I will check out Stags when I get back to the Springs. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

-C&G...just trying to get by...

Does Stag allow you to bring in your own to smoke? Assuming of course that you purchase something there anyway.

Does the Broadmoor have a smoking lounge anywhere on premise?

Are there any other nice comfy cigar spots in the Springs?

I buy pleanty from Stags but have brought in sticks purchased elsewhere. I usually buy something, but might not smoke it that day. I think if you're going to use a shop's lounge you should purchase something.

I honestly don't know about anything available at the Broadmoor. I used to go there frequently when I was in the Air Force, but I didn't smoke cigars then so never paid attention. I retired 10 years ago and really never get that way anymore.

I think McKenzies Chop House downtown has a patio area that fits the smoking laws.

For the most part, I like Stags, very convenient for me. 15C is very nice change of pace to include a drink with a smoke.

Went to 15C when we were back visiting recently. It was a nice place. However, I saw it to be more of a "Bar bar". Lots of cigarette smoking, only a couple of leather couches/chairs, and a majority of people were there for the guitar hero competition, ability to smoke cigs, and drink. Cigars just seem to be an afterthought or something to enhance the whole "Martini / cigar" motif.

That said, the bartender was great, and I smoked a couple of cigars without getting any shit. That's a measure of a good place. The place had a nice, hip comfy feel.

That, and you kinda have to know where it is. That makes it kinda cool.

I'll have to check out Stags next time I'm there at Christmas. Gotta find something before we move! LOL!!!