• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Troops to get seized cigars

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
I came across this article in cigar journal:

Troops to get seized cigars

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard plans to have Michigan National Guard members and Reservists help him incinerate some evidence found in a recent drug bust.

About 1,500 cigars recovered from a marijuana dealer will be torched, one at a time, by Michigan military members serving overseas.

"Rather than have them destroyed in an incinerator, it would make more sense to give them to our heroes deployed across the globe," Bouchard said Thursday.

The move isn't designed to encourage smoking. But for military members who partake, the smokes could provide a respite from a stressful routine, Bouchard said.

The stogies carry sought-after Cuban labels such as Cohiba, but Bouchard said the labels are counterfeit; the cigars actually are from the Dominican Republic. "If they were real Cubans, we wouldn't be able to give them away," Bouchard said.

The cigars, valued at around $15,000, were in a car stopped as part of a January drug bust along M-59 in the east end of Oakland County.

Ugh, wish they were real though. From all the reviews of the fakes on here, seems they are sorely lacking in taste. :( The troops deserve much much much better IMHO!

Don

I was thinking the same thing. Seems more like punishment than reward. ;) I guess it's the thought that counts. Hopefully they'll enjoy them.

$10 each for fakes? Now I know that them Michigan boys will buy anything :p

Don't be so sure they're fakes.

"If they were real Cubans, we wouldn't be able to give them away," Bouchard said.

If you say they're fake, who's going to contest it? Especially with them going to the troops.

"If they were real Cubans, we wouldn't be able to give them away," Bouchard said.

If you say they're fake, who's going to contest it? Especially with them going to the troops.

Tom Tom, Tom, Tom......what a conspiratorial attitude? Next thing you know you will be suggesting a grassy knoll shooter, all those Clinton opposers actually did commit suicide, flight 93 was shot down..............where will it end?

Thanks for the story Isy, I'm sure that the heros that will end up smoking them will be happy either way........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

There's another option y'all aren't considering. Isn't the non-cuban Cohiba a DR brand? He might be calling them "fakes" but it could just be ignorance (or a deliberate misstatement to an ignorant public). I would guess they aren't the glass-top fakes, but more likely DR Cohibas and other brands.

Tom Tom, Tom, Tom......what a conspiratorial attitude? Next thing you know you will be suggesting a grassy knoll shooter, all those Clinton opposers actually did commit suicide, flight 93 was shot down..............where will it end?
Tom a conspirator...hardly! A realist, perhaps ;)

Brian

There's another option y'all aren't considering. Isn't the non-cuban Cohiba a DR brand? He might be calling them "fakes" but it could just be ignorance (or a deliberate misstatement to an ignorant public). I would guess they aren't the glass-top fakes, but more likely DR Cohibas and other brands.

I sure hope not... those things taste like crap..... no check that, they taste worse than that. My wife bought me a box of those many years ago. They tasted so bad I threw them away. Thought about giving them away to someone but nobody had pissed me off that much. ;)

On the otherhand, I've smoked some pretty damn good farm rolled "fakes" before..... lets hope they're decent tobacco regardless if they're fake or real.

Exactly what I was thinking, there are SOME cool cops out there. LOL.