• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trouble for a newbie

Most of us can probably say, "Been there, done that". If the truth be told, most of us had not had the luck to do it to such a fine cigar the first time. Lots of good advice how to avoid it in the future. In an odd sort of way it is part of the enjoyment and exploration of this hobby. May you enjoy the next one. :)

It happend to me while smoking a Padilla 1968 Robusto. I felt very very sick for a few hours afterwards. I talked to an old school BOTL about this and he said next time it happens, put a teaspoon of sugar under the tongue.

Stick with cigars that are mild. I suggest Joya de Nicaragua cigars. They are full flavor with half the nicotine... ;)

mac

Happened to me the worst time with a black label Forbidden X. I wasn't ready for it yet.

I've gotten to the point that I can smoke on an empty stomach, and can burn an Opus just about whenever, but I still need to be careful. A Sumatran Edge got me once too, out of the blue. Dr. Pepper is your friend! I've read that the workers in the tobacco fields actually chew on sugar cane while picking the leaves to avoid nicotine sickness.

It wasn't the cigar. Mixing beer and wine. I thought you Europeans knew better.

Doc.

It takes time for your body to build up Nicoteen tolerance... start with milder and smaller cigars, try to not mix with a lot of alcohol... when you feel it coming, grab something very sweet, a cola, a chocolate bar, a few sugar cubes.