• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Try the soup!

United scares me, well lately they all scare me. But I’d probably chose a delta or American flight first at this point. And I’ve seen/been aboard some crazy American flights!

The recent trip back from Mexico was my first time flying United. I wasn't thrilled, but American (what I flew down) just didn't have anything without a really short transfer, so I bit the bullet. Everything thankfully went fine, but it was also my first experience at IAH (Bush) in Houston. The trip from the international terminal to the domestic terminal I needed was a haul, but they had a "subway" to take you there. Except finding the subway was a bit (!) of a hassle of mazes, and the cars hold 12 people max and run every 3 minutes. Luckily I had 3 hours til my connection so it worked out, but I'd take American/DFW any day over that.

Looking into a trip to Barcelona in September but this thread has me second guessing! 🤔

Really reassuring of the captain on that one, eh?! :O Glad everything turned out alright, obviously. I think my only other really interesting story is when we were flying Frankfurt - Dublin on Aer Lingus a bunch of years ago. Everything was normal as we bussed to the jet on the ramp, boarded, closed up, started, and then taxied to the runway. We turn onto the actual runway, hear and feel the engines power up... and then almost instantly cut out back to idle. We then turned and taxied off the runway and back to our hardstand. We were met there by an ambulance; it seems that right as we were preparing for our roll out, one of the pilots began experiencing a "cardiac event". Not sure what ever came of that, physically, but hope he was ok. We were delayed a few hours whilst awaiting a new pilot to fly in from Ireland on an inbound flight, but everything was nominal after that.
Yes, and the look I got from the wife was priceless…after me telling her everything was fine.

I think we sometimes forget that these guys are just like anyone else, and can be of poor health or questionable judgment lol. But the big argument is that flying is safer than just about any other travel right? Until it isn’t …

The recent trip back from Mexico was my first time flying United. I wasn't thrilled, but American (what I flew down) just didn't have anything without a really short transfer, so I bit the bullet. Everything thankfully went fine, but it was also my first experience at IAH (Bush) in Houston. The trip from the international terminal to the domestic terminal I needed was a haul, but they had a "subway" to take you there. Except finding the subway was a bit (!) of a hassle of mazes, and the cars hold 12 people max and run every 3 minutes. Luckily I had 3 hours til my connection so it worked out, but I'd take American/DFW any day over that.
Yes I kinda prefer dfw over iah or phoenix…I forget their letter arrangement. We never split up flights or anything so typically I go with “if they say we have enough time then we do”, but I’ve been caught up in some sloooow immigration lines too. Hence why we now have global entry.

So many issues with airlines lately. 🤔

Glad everyone was ok.