• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying This Again

gunsandcigars88

I have tried the pipe thing once already and quickly stopped it. Mostly due to having to relight so much. I was using a Missouri Meerschaum cob pipe and had picked up some house blends from my local B&M. I didn't care for the cob that much to begin with, and I blamed most of my problems on the cob. One problem was the bowl was fairly small so I had a hard time getting it packed right. I went this last week to Tobacco Road in Arlington and picked up a nicer Nording pipe to try. Along with tampers, pipe tool, cleaners, etc. I also grabbed four different blends to try. I am hoping to have better luck at this the second time around. I really enjoyed my time that I spent smoking it the first time when I wasn't relighting.
B

Relighting your pipe is not uncommon when you first start. Give it some time and as you learn how to pack you pipe and how to maintain the right draw you will find that your pipe will stay lit longer. It just takes a little practice stay with it and you will find that it can be very enjoyable.

LW

Good choice with the Nording. They make some nice pipes, I've been considering adding one to my collection.

I am really enjoying this Nording lately. I have had five bowls out of it already. The first two were the same experiences I had already had. Relighting constantly. So I knew the cob I had been using was fine, and that my packing was the problem. So I finally got brave and packed it tighter than I had been. Worried that I would get it too tight, but determined to get it right. Out of my last two bowls the most relights was three. The first of the two had three relights, and my last bowl only had two. I was so excited to get through them with so few relights. And I was able to keep the bowl cool the entire timw.
B

Try setting your baccy out of the tin for a bit before smoking. Tinned baccy seems to stay a tad wetter than it should be, so give it an hour....or overnight depending when you smoke. I am glad the packing issue seemed to help it a tad.