• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tur Duc Ken ... watch the video

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
So this is our first TURDUCKEN. A video can be seen HERE

I want to know whats the best way to cook this beast? Roasting in the oven, or deep frying? I've done both with regular Turkeys, but want to get the most out of this $100 bird(s). :thumbs:

Suggestions for the TurDucKen experienced? (I guess I'm a TurDucKen Virgin :p )

BTW: if you don't know what a Tur Duc Ken is, Google it.. its a Turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken stuffed with stuffing. ;) and watch the video from my moblog- listen to my daughter as we open the box :whistling:

we did one at the station last year.... the only thing I can say is we're not doing it this year. I can't speak for everyone else, but I was not impressed, for the amount of money spent. Give me a deep fried turkey anyday...

it's good, but I think it's more of a 'novelty' item myself.

Edit to add we roasted it in the oven...

my family had turducken roughly 4 to 5 years ago. It was roasted (not deep fried). It was incredibly delicious and something that I'd do again if the damn price wasn't so prohibitive AND the time to prepare it wasn't so long.

If you want, I can get more detail from my mom and sis as they put the whole thing together.

Darren :)

Shibumi said:
My Dog loves it..... :laugh:
Merrick Pet Foods
[snapback]253615[/snapback]​

/THREADJACK
Hey Shibumi,
careful with that Merrick food... I found a HUGE chicken bone in one of the cans of food- basically an entire wing or leg bone. They never replied to my email about it so I won't buy their food anymore...
/THEADJACK off

We have had it three times over the last few years. We have roasted ours and have always been happy with the results.

The only problem we have ever had was when we cooked our first one. We discovered by accident that our oven automatically cuts off it is on for 12 hours! Thank goodness my wife was checking it when the oven turned off! So check your owner's manual for your stove to see if your unit has that feature.

For the $100, I think I'd just put one together myself. Doesn't seem that hard really, just time consuming: partially deboned turkey, deboned duck, deboned chicken...wrap and tie.

For those that don't like it, I'm guessing the duck was the deal killer since a lot of folks don't seem to appreciate it. Me, I love duck (and goose) but alas, the wife isn't so crazy about 'em.

You can substitute pork for the duck, very tasty!