• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ugly Padron?

bursty

I did a box split of Padron 2000 Maduros a few weeks back and just noticed this tonight. I noticed that one of them (3rd from the left) has a really discolored wrapper. Lots of dark spots. Anything to be worried about? Take a look at the pic and tell me what you think. :(

smalldsc008806jj.jpg

Typical padron 2000 IMO...i smoke alot of these things and they are a fairly ugly cigar to begin with. Their quality seems to improve as you move up the *000 chain , but id say, those look pretty normal to me.

Ive actually found those spotted/splotched ones to smoke better and have more flavor...especially the Fumas!

Yeah I agree totally, I have several that look just like that and smoke and taste awesome!

Jeffro600 said:
Typical padron 2000 IMO...i smoke alot of these things and they are a fairly ugly cigar to begin with. Their quality seems to improve as you move up the *000 chain , but id say, those look pretty normal to me.

Ive actually found those spotted/splotched ones to smoke better and have more flavor...especially the Fumas!
[snapback]262476[/snapback]​

Jeffro600 said:

I've noticed them on many different smokes. Lets call them :love: flavor spots.

That's pretty much what my box of 2KM look like. "Flavor spots" I like that :D

My observation tends to jive with Jeffro600. THe 6K i've had have been flawless looking.

Wilkey

Yea, I would have to agree with the "flavor spots" remark. Even though they have an interesting look, they will taste great.

I say you should smoke that "ugly duckling" and give us an update :cool:

Theres a few of mine that look like that too. I can taste no difference in flavor between a spotted one and an unspotted one.

-Zach

I agree I have seen some pretty ugly 2000s but they all seem to smoke just fine though. Especially with some down time in the humi.

CYG

I bought a box from Blindedbyscience and have been smoking them everyday. Beautifully, ugly!

OpusXKC said:
Yea, I would have to agree with the "flavor spots" remark. Even though they have an interesting look, they will taste great.

I say you should smoke that "ugly duckling" and give us an update :cool:
[snapback]262511[/snapback]​
Will do. I'll let you guys know how it turned out. Thanks for the assurance. :thumbs:

Castaway said:
They're not ugly...they've just got character. :D

The Fumas have character, too. ;)
[snapback]262609[/snapback]​

The Fumas have TONS of character! :0

Hey now, watch that kind of talk. You can't just go around "labeling" a cigar as ugly. Check out www.pcphrases.com

Perhaps we should more appropriately refer to them as aesthetically challenged or cosmetically different. :laugh:

-- Mark

Ugly premium cigars but I love them. Also, brutal caps! But... I love the flavour and they never let me down.

Jeffro600 said:

I just bought a box of Padron Delicias, which slot just below the 2000 in size and price, and they are very well contructed. I dont know if they are a different blend or just smaller, but they are my favorite of the regular line Padrons

I think any Padron that's not a a 26, 64 or Mill cigar sucks donkey feet and taste like scat.

I had a box of 3000 M and just gave them away.

Everyone has different taste and my taste buds are just expensive ones I guess. ???

Just wanted to give an update after these ugly sticks were given a couple months to rest. I smoked the "ugly duckling" and you guys were right....flavor spots for sure! Great smoke and I cant wait to fire up the rest of them.

Just wanted to give an update after these ugly sticks were given a couple months to rest. I smoked the "ugly duckling" and you guys were right....flavor spots for sure! Great smoke and I cant wait to fire up the rest of them.

Yeah they just don't use the highest quality wrappers (in terms of aesthetics) for the '000 lines... but they'll still taste great. If you age the '000 series cigars for a number of years, you'll have a poor man's 1964 Anniversary. It won't be quite as good, but it'll be closer than you might expect.