• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Under rated Scotches you might like to try

Uh oh...might have to go get a bottle before the new ones come in. Mine is about half gone.

The ones I have seen for $100 are in the regular white box.

Here in PA it went from $69 in the tube to $80 and the the packaging changed to the white box and, in the last 6 months, has gone to $89, $100 and is now $110, I haven't seen the wooden box version yet either here, MD or NJ.

I agree on the Doublewood, have a bottle at home that is near its end.

Some of my other favorites in that price range are:

Clynelish 14 yo (~$40)
Glenmorangie Burgandy Cask (~$55)
Caol Isla 18 yo (~55)

I think the Clynelish is a great value. Both it and the Glenmorangie are pretty well-balanced with the Glenmorangie having some sweetness, from what I remember (haven't had it in awhile). The Caol Isla is a nice Islay. It all depends on your tastes.

Just to give you an idea of my own biases, some of my favorites are Lagavulin, Highland Park (18 yo or older), Talisker 175th, and currently the Glenrothes 72.

Cheers.

It definitely went up, but could you attribute it to the increased popularity of single malts?

You can still find it for cheap, you just gotta find the right places. I went to a liquor store the other day and found that they had Balvenie 21 yr Portwood for 79.99. It was so cheap because it had been sitting on the shelves for 5 years. The guy had to wipe the dust off of it! I guess no one in that neighborhood cared for the stuff. Needless to say I bought all four bottles...

I just wanted to throw in another scotch rec, not a single malt, but one of the greatest value blends imo: White Horse. Everytime I've had somebody taste it blind, they've always called it a much higher end single malt. I won't put the price, it's quite ridiculous actually, so I don't want anyone calling it before they try it.

I've also really like the Bruidladdichs lately, particularly the 15.