• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Under the heading you learn something every day

AngryFishH

Official Big Fish
Today I learned that White Castle Jalapeno Cheeseburgers go great with a Graycliff Chateau Grand Cru. It brought out wonderful notes of slippery, spicy and justified heartburn. Those itty bitty cheeseburgers are indeed the perfect food.

Fish

They open a White Castle by the Covered Bridge, did they? :D

I wish White Castle would come to Atlanta. Kristal pales in comparison.

I agree 100%. Whenever the topic arises, I usually end up feeling like strangling those foolish people who think they're interchangeable.

And both of those pale in comparison to the real deal: White Manna

that looks real good but come on nothing beats murder burgers at 3am
2 jalapenos, 2 chicken w/cheese, fish nibblers, onion rings, and a sack of fries mmmmmmmmmm

I agree 100%. Whenever the topic arises, I usually end up feeling like strangling those foolish people who think they're interchangeable.

Y'all got nothin' on IN-N-OUThttp://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp! :laugh: :whistling:

edited for link

By far In N' Out is one of my lifelong favorites.

The menu at my poker games:

1 Crave Case of White Castles
2 Pints of fried gizzards or livers from KFC or Lee's
1 Steaming Pot of homemade bean soup

If we had In N Out then that would be on the menu too...I agree they are excellent. But nothing beats a guy showing up to my house with a Crave Case handcuffed to his wrist. That is the definition of class.

Y'all got nothin' on IN-N-OUThttp://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp! :laugh: :whistling:

edited for link

Very good place, but I'll throw my new favorite in the ring:

FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES

One just opened up by me a few months ago, I can't get enough of this place. :love:

Don't forget, there's some cheese left on that burger wrapper!

Don't know what you're talking about... :whistling: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There's a couple of Five Guys here in Miami too - DAMN good burgers and such tasty fries. Love the place. :thumbs:

I love 'em and used to make sure I got some every time I was in DC but now I've got 2 Five guys within 20 miles. Civilization is creeping toward me.

2 jalapenos, 2 chicken w/cheese, fish nibblers, onion rings, and a sack of fries mmmmmmmmmm

LMAO! :laugh:

When I was younger, my digestive system could barely handle those, now they'd kill me! :D

Howard, you obviously have a much stronger constitution that I do, that's for sure!

LMAO! :laugh:

When I was younger, my digestive system could barely handle those, now they'd kill me! :D

Howard, you obviously have a much stronger constitution that I do, that's for sure!

The secret to eating White Castle at our age CC is easy. You MUST be in line of sight of a bathroom from the first bite. Becuase the instant you aren't, you'll wish you were. I think the average time to "process" a normal helping of WC's is less then 5 minutes.

EZ-in and EZ-out. The classic definition of American fast food.

Fish

Long live the Castle!

Damn, White Castle Cheeseburger. I sure do miss them.
If anybody is from New York city, you might know of "Cypress Pool".
As a kid, me, my brother, and two sisters would go there quite a bit. On the way home, we'd stop at White Castle. I was always good for 10!

Back in Cali we had a place called Kirk's Steakburgers. Kind of along the lines of a Backyard Burger, but better. At least, it used to be. The one in Campbell, Ca and the one over in Sunnyvale were awesome.

Also, in TX, there were Whataburgers...I still remember those commercials with Mel Tillis. :laugh: Back before the days of Stuttering John.

Edited to add -

When I am in NYC, I usually make a point to hit Burger Joint in the Le Parker Meridien. Very, very tiny place, but some DAMN good burgers and fries.

Whataburgers rock!

We don't have In/Out or White Castle here in OK.

Whataburgers rock!

We don't have In/Out or White Castle here in OK.

They used to have damn tasty shakes too. :thumbs:

There was also, once upon a time, a day when you could get very tasty burgers and fries from Dairy Queen - served up in those red plastic baskets.

Also used to be a place in TX called Braum's. Was an ice-cream parlor that served such good burgers/fries. Kind of like a version of Swensen's, but far better.