• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Undercrown from JD.....

22jdub

Finally had the chance to light up one of the Undercrowns so generously gifted from JD. Let's just say I was very impressed. The construction was immaculate, burn was perfect. Kept a tight white ash throughout the entire smoke. It was incredibly smooth and mellow, just the way I like them. This is now my new favorite smoke, beating out the padron 3000.

I want to thank JD for the generosity, it's very cool to see an owner have that kind of interaction with his customers. Cheers!
1817406b-cf06-1973.jpg

Finally had the chance to light up one of the Undercrowns so generously gifted from JD. Let's just say I was very impressed. The construction was immaculate, burn was perfect....

Are you talking about that fire? It looks pretty serious! :D

Nice review. Great smokes, great Co.

Just smoked one from a box I bought a month ago tonight. Only gets better with time my friend. only gets better.

Ya lucky bastid, I am yet to try one but look forward to the occasion when I do. Maybe my next order should include a fist full of those beauties, they sound delicious.

I smoked one tonight as well, I would have to agree with all the points you made. Solid all around smoke. :thumbs:

Friends.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the UNDERCROWN.

The UNDERCROWN are really beginning to fall into line on the factory floor. As you release brands, which for us took four years between Liga Privada and (the following brand) UNDERCROWN, you see the evolution and character of the cigar mature. Sometimes this is negative on the production floor and sometimes is can be positive.

For example, the binder that was used in the first year UNDERCROWN production was almost 5 years old. This is a real old, dense binder that smoldered like hell due to its age. The smell and aroma off the burn was unique. As we are heading into the second year's production, I was concerned as we began to use binder leaf from roughly four years ago - again the same T52 - but not as old - but bam, its hitting beautiful.

Moreover, the buncheros did a wonderful job on the new CORONA VIVA, which shipped last week and is a bit bolder than the rest of the UNDERCROWN line.

Again, thank you for the very kind words and reviews. We are extremely grateful.

Best,
JD
Again, thank

Just picked up 2 Undercrown Robustos (one for me, one for a friend) thanks to the Groupon deal that was posted last week. This time I won't be smoking it on an empty stomach... :D

Stogies World Class Cigars in Houston had a Groupon last week. $25 for $50 worth of cigars. They had Undercrowns in a few sizes, so I picked up the 2 Robustos. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything from the Liga Privada line. The proprietor said that he had 4 boxes of FFP's last week, but they were gone withing 24 hours. One of these days I'm going to find something from the LP line! In the meantime, I've been on a big Drew Estates kick. I picked up 2 10 packs of CI Legends Copper label a couple of weeks ago, a box of Natural Dark Angels last week, a box of Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Belicosos that should be delivered tomorrow.

JD, I tried the Undercrown last week after I saw my local had started stocking them. I have been keeping an eye out for them after seeing the high marks given here, and I would have to say that these things are phenomenal. You have a sure hit on your hands.

So....any chance of a lancero or petite lancero size?

I had to ask!

JD doesn't believe in those small ring guages. I've been busting his chops for a long time to make small cigars for the "real" cigar smokers. I've even tried to appeal to his love of classic hip hop, beautiful women, and his cigar "pimpitude" but nothing works. He clearly hates us afficinados. :angry:

I'm just messing JD....but seriously, how about some more small ring guage stuff for us? And did those baitfish find their way into Kendall's luggage last week to make their way back to me? :whistling:

The monster just had 5 packs of the gorditos on NYP, just missed it though, went to check out and they were gone! Dang it!

JD doesn't believe in those small ring guages. I've been busting his chops for a long time to make small cigars for the "real" cigar smokers. I've even tried to appeal to his love of classic hip hop, beautiful women, and his cigar "pimpitude" but nothing works. He clearly hates us afficinados.

I'm just messing JD....but seriously, how about some more small ring guage stuff for us? And did those baitfish find their way into Kendall's luggage last week to make their way back to me?

The Rats are a smaller ring gauge. Personally, I wish the Ratzilla would have caught on.

Apparently my local cigar shops are falling down on the job in the Groupon department. Great deal Maverick!

Apparently my local cigar shops are falling down on the job in the Groupon department. Great deal Maverick!

Yeah, the Groupon deal was great. Someone else posted it on here, and I had to jump on it. I would have never gone to that shop without it, and I'm glad I did. They were very friendly and had a good selection. The boxes I ordered online from J&A Cigars. They were on clearance, so I got them for about 1/3 of retail, and they were delivered overnight. I'll be shopping from them more often!

Just a heads up, this is my first time ordering from this source so I'm not endorsing them, but they have five packs of Undercrown Robustos for $23.99. I ordered this morning and have a tracking number already. shopwiseguys.com

Maverick - just went to the Stogies (Houston) website and it looked nice. Interesting that they would be so aggressive to do a Groupon deal. Wish the pre IPO of Groupon went better for me. hahahahah I got crushed.

CRQuarto - thank you for the kind words about UNDERCROWN. Thrilled you enjoy them.

BSneed51 - you so crazy. You know I'm into the bigs and the smallz too. Look at the new BAIT FISH that as of this week, is going for national distribution. This is part of the MUWAT (My UZI Weighs a Ton) line, but in a 4x44. It used to be sold only by New Havana Cigars, but now will be sold everywhere. Aslo, Dirty Rat, and the Liga Privada L40 (Lancero), etc. AND, most importantly the UNDERCROWN has the new corona gorda, the "Corona Viva". Funny Guy. hahahahahahahah

TheFatGuy - the Ratzilla were never nationally released because this is when we just began having the fermentation issues with the T52 wrapper. So it was the Ratzilla that were held back to wrapper shortage. It has been thirteen months and the first 50 packs (of 12) are being sold at Casa de Montecristo on June 23rd - call ins only. The Ratzys are really bangin. FIA knows whats up ...!!!!

Set-in-Stone - where in Upstate are you, amigo?

Very best to all of ya ...!!!!!

JD

JD, thanks for the prompt response, once again. I don't know how you find the time, but we REALLY appreciate it. I'll be ordering these for sure.