• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Undercrown from JD.....

JD, I reside in the good 'ole town of Wynantskill... Just across the Hudson River from Albany and next to Troy (Home of Uncle Sam). Big fan of the new lines you guys are cranking out. I have got my hands on just about everything else and am REALLY enjoying them. Congrats on all the recent successes. The 'Ratzilla' has escaped my grasp but no worries. Im determined to get a couple in my "Liga" drawer in my humi and enjoy "the hunt": Keep up the great work JD & Co. :thumbs:

gallery_13416_1487_23425.jpg

Maverick - just went to the Stogies (Houston) website and it looked nice. Interesting that they would be so aggressive to do a Groupon deal. Wish the pre IPO of Groupon went better for me. hahahahah I got crushed.

JD

Their shop is REALLY nice in person, and the guys working there were super friendly. I'll go visit them again.

JD, I actually smoked an L40 on my birthday last week and it was fantastic. I'm looking forward to trying the bait fish. Been hoping someone other than New Havana would get them. I'm going to make a point to be at the Outlaw this year when you are there Swagdaddy.

The UNDERCROWN are really beginning to fall into line on the factory floor. As you release brands, which for us took four years between Liga Privada and (the following brand) UNDERCROWN, you see the evolution and character of the cigar mature. Sometimes this is negative on the production floor and sometimes is can be positive.

For example, the binder that was used in the first year UNDERCROWN production was almost 5 years old. This is a real old, dense binder that smoldered like hell due to its age. The smell and aroma off the burn was unique. As we are heading into the second year's production, I was concerned as we began to use binder leaf from roughly four years ago - again the same T52 - but not as old - but bam, its hitting beautiful.

JD,

When I smoke the Undercrowns, I'm getting a taste I've never experienced before in any cigar and can't identify. I get a faint similar flavor in the L40s...but not nearly as strong. I'm having problems describing it or likening it to anything, flavor-wise....any idea what the hell I'm talking about? :laugh:

Got my fiver today, this site seems legit, smokes got here fast and in good condition. Now if I can let them set long enough without smoking them all.
ad0e33c9-2e02-5d23.jpg

Got my fiver today, this site seems legit, smokes got here fast and in good condition. Now if I can let them set long enough without smoking them all.
ad0e33c9-2e02-5d23.jpg

Resistance if futile!!! :laugh:

Had the corona viva today. Very nice.

Sneeds, did it taste any different that the other size Undercrowns?

I smoked another one last night (not the CV) and I'm still not feeling it....good cigar, but it just doesn't push my buttons.

Watch the Monster, they have had Undercrown Robustos on recently. Just picked up a 5'ver this morning.