• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unreleased La Arurora Event Stick

CvilleYoungGun

Not so young gun anymore.
Hey guys just got back from a La Aurora/ Leon Jimenes event, it was great I got to hang out with some great people from the Richmond Area as well as Krisitian Estevez and Jose Blanco from La Aurora S.A.. Krisitian was busy selling Auroras for most of the night but Jose Blanco and I talked for a while about cigars and it was great.

They were offering a special deal in which if you bought a Cien Anos you get a special cigar that is not on the market for free. I went to buy some Cien Anos anyway so the free cigars were just a bonus. :thumbs:

On to the review.

Name: La Aurora Event cigar
ring gague: 40
Length: ~4.5-5 inches
Filler/Binder:???
Wrapper: Cameroon

I had two of these and the first I smoked while at the Event and the second on the way home so this is a review of both i guess.

These cigars were being given away in singles and bundles because they aren't a production cigar, but believe me these are not bundle sticks. The cigar was wrapped in a very nice Cameroon wrapper no noticeable veins and the cap was applied professionally. It cut nicely, and the draw was perfect, (not too loose not too tight), after lighting the draw stayed great and the cigar produced plenty of smoke to get a good taste. The burn throughout the cigar was razor sharp and neither of the cigars I had need a touch up at all. The Ash held on for quite a while considering how small this cigar was Id say it didnt need to drop until almost half way done and probably could have held longer (didnt wanna drop ash in the carpet) So the Construction gets an A+

The taste of the cigar started off being quite mild actually a little too mild in my book. Couldn't really pick out any distinct flavors (may have been talking too much). When Jose asked me (about 1/4in. in) how I liked it I told him it was a bit mild in my book, he replied "just wait and pay attention". Im glad I stuck with this one becuase after about 2/3rds-1in. into it the cigar had its first change, and it was definately a change for the better. The cigar stayed mild but developped some nice new flavors, some nice citrus and mild nutty flavors.

1/2 Way mark. The cigar is still mild as it will be until the end, but it changes again, this time some floral notes and something I cant quite place (but tasty).

3/4s-end Last change making its final transition of the night the cigar picked back up with some of the nutty flavors from before and added a touch of wood and some tea(this is what I think I it was but i couldnt make it out in the first sample as much but the second was pretty clear).

Smoked it down to about 1/2 an inch and it never got hot or burned sour. I usually equate Cameroon wrappers and mild cigars as a boring smoke, but this one was different, it was mild but complex with several changes, it was a cameroon with a little pizazz. Jose and I both agreed that this was definately a great candidate for a morning smoke and was not your average mild-medium cigar.
Im glad I got to try it and wish I hadn't smoked both of them tonight :(

I would rate this cigar a solid B+ to A. If it were a little stronger in the beginning it would have been an A-A+. Jose said he reads this forum which isnt why this cigar gets such good ratings but I would like to thank him for a smoke that will soon be getting smoked and reviewed, not saying what just yet though :cool:

Thanks

CYG

Great and timely review. The La Aurora tour is coming to Hockessin, Delaware this Saturday for the grand opening of the newest Cigar-ette City. That's my preferred B&M. They'll be giving away fresh rolled sticks with every two you buy so I'll be there to check it out.

Wilkey

There was supposed to be a roller at this event but something happened and logistically they couldn't get it together, which is why they brought those sticks I reviewed, they are made with some nicely aged tobacco and have had a little time to marry so they are quite a pleasure hopefully they will bring them to the event you are going to as well.

CYG