• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Update: So....I might be buying a tower

Well lets look at it this way, if I were to buy the tower from cheaphumidors and get the oasis for $100, buy 2 - 3 lbs of beads for $60 - $90, and add fans for the oasis for $35. That all adds up to roughly $195-$225. For another ~$100 I could get the two canister Avallo setup for $300. And if I were to buy the tower from some where other than cheaphumidors, the oasis would cost another $80 for a total of $180 plus the cost of beads and fans, the final cost would be the same as the Avallo if not a few dollars more. So the Avallo is looking more and more tempting, especially if I buy the tower from some where other than cheaphumidors.

I'll probably go with the Avallo setup since it wont be that much more after all is said and done, plus I'll have the peace of mind.

Hey There,

I own this humidor and for the money, I like it. I use the Cigar Oasis II with it. The Oasis sits on the middle shelf. The RH on top of the shelves stays about 1% higher than below the shelves. I did have to seal the top of the humidor because there was a noticeable gap and the humidity was leaking out badly. Overall, I am very happy with it.

Good luck!!

I guess maybe I lucked out, and perhaps the wire shelves play a bigger role than I imagined they would? But I don't have a degree of RH difference anywhere in that humidor according to my digi hygro. Perhaps placement? I have the "exhaust" to the Oasis II pointing up one side of the humidor, and don't place anything above it within an inch of the side so it has a path to travel the air through. Same on the other side, so there's kind of a "circuit" that the air runs.
As for the constant running, it's supposed to. However, I can't say I even hear it across the room, much less elsewhere in the house.
Chris

I guess maybe I lucked out, and perhaps the wire shelves play a bigger role than I imagined they would? But I don't have a degree of RH difference anywhere in that humidor according to my digi hygro. Perhaps placement? I have the "exhaust" to the Oasis II pointing up one side of the humidor, and don't place anything above it within an inch of the side so it has a path to travel the air through. Same on the other side, so there's kind of a "circuit" that the air runs.
As for the constant running, it's supposed to. However, I can't say I even hear it across the room, much less elsewhere in the house.
Chris

Yes you did, because the cabinets in question have a center section that restricts the circulation. Therefore if you put the Oasis on the bottom part it registers higher than the top. As in all things in life YMMV!

it's the right amount of letters... but "search is your friend" doesn't abbreviate even CLOSE to YMMV?!
JOKE!!
Chris

it's the right amount of letters... but "search is your friend" doesn't abbreviate even CLOSE to YMMV?!
JOKE!!
Chris
Scroll down from where it says search is your friend and your answer is revealed.

SIYF

:laugh:

Although I haven't used either humidification system, but I plan on using the Avallo when I get my humi set up. Also, as a driver in the trucking industry, I would strongly suggest you look at the shipping info on the websites(click the link in the middle of the page here). When the humi gets to you from the truck, put it wherever you want (in the garage or wherever you put it considering the "manpower charges"). Open the package in front of the driver and inspect every inch of that humidor for damage. If you find damage, the driver/carrier will have to sign off on the damage. This is pretty much your only recourse for a damage claim.

I agree with TheVitaleMob. Definitely inspect it immediately, and if it's damaged send it back. My first cabinet arrived, looked great, but I couldn't figure out why I kept losing so much humidity. Turns out there was a huge 1/4" gap at the top of the door, which ran across the entire top and left portion of the humidor. I had the mfgr replace it with a new humidor (no charge of course), and the new humidor has a perfect seal. This does in fact happen every once in awhile; not all humidors are perfect. They're handmade pieces of furniture, so make sure you inspect it carefully.

Shipping from FL to CA was around $250.

Yea, I plan to take a real good look at it before accepting it.

I decided that I will be going with an Accumonitor setup, after reading Rod's review and the comments about it. For the little extra cash that it costs over an oasis and beads, I cant see any reason not to buy it.

And it seems I have a very good spot for this in the basement once I move around my quad gear bag and some other stuff. So I may be able to order this around the time of my birthday this month, would be a good gift to myself! :)

Well after waiting a bit and working to clear a spot in the basement to put the tower, I've had some time to think and I decided to wait to buy it. Im going to wait a year or two before I make the move up to a tower. A few things made me change my mind 1) as I think about it I would rather save up and buy a nice custom tower maybe. 2) buying a tower will cut into my cigar budget big time and there are a couple of box purchases that I dont want to wait on. There are a few others, but those two are the main reasons. So in the meantime Im just going to pick up another 120qt or bigger cooler and start filling it.

Accumonitor, Accumonitor, Accumonitor!!!!