• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UPS Delivered someone else's Cigars

Easto

My girlfriend calls me at work last night to tell me UPS has delivered a box from a cigar store somewhere out of state. I'm not really sure what it is so I get home, see the return address with my address written across the box. Needless to say I open it and find a box of cigars (brand left blank here). Upon closer inspection I realize they are not mine and belong to a neighbor a couple of houses down. I'm taking them down to him today.

Maybe fate brought them to you for a reason. Who are you to mess with fate? :whistling:

Good move....maybe they are nice sticks and maybe the neighbor will smoke one with you :thumbs:

In the warehousing business UPS = United Pitch and Smash. :)

**disclaimer: no offense intended to employees of UPS**

I wish I had neighbors like you. Glad to know there's still good people out there...

Derek

You did the right thig, a neighbor recive some of my cigars and he did the rigth thing too i was happy and gave him a few stiks.

One of my neighbors is a dear old woman who may have a bat or two up in the belfry. One of my packages was accidentally delivered to her house by UPS, and she took it inside and promptly forgot she had it. She assumed it was addressed to her, but then she found it a year later. She knocked on my door, terribly embarrassed for the situation.

It was no trouble, as the retailer had already replaced the contents of the package. I contacted them, but they were uninterested in 18-month old stock being returned, and the effort consumed to make everything right again would have outweighed the value returned.

From a former Buster Brown employee ..... that my friend is what UPS'ers refer to as a mis-delivery. Used to be a big No-No back in the day, but not so much now.

What can brown do for you?

Bill

My girlfriend calls me at work last night to tell me UPS has delivered a box from a cigar store somewhere out of state. I'm not really sure what it is so I get home, see the return address with my address written across the box. Needless to say I open it and find a box of cigars (brand left blank here). Upon closer inspection I realize they are not mine and belong to a neighbor a couple of houses down. I'm taking them down to him today.

Very honest of you, what a great neighbor. :thumbs:

Who are you to mess with fate??? ??? Well he is an honest, true brother of the leaf. Glad I live NOOO WHERE near you cuz...

Seems as though 'fate' wanted your neighbor to know he had a good neighbor. :thumbs:

In the warehousing business UPS = United Pitch and Smash. :)

**disclaimer: no offense intended to employees of UPS**

I worked as a loader and a sorter for 2 years at UPS. Those smashed small packages are what we call "wedge packages". We use them to wedge the wall tighter in the trailer so the whole wall doesn't come smashing down. Mine were always packed right, but I can't tell you how many times I would see the load partners I got paired up with in various trailers kick boxes into place.