• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USA Women's WC Team

modo22

I am not that huge of a Women's soccer fan, but love world cup soccer in general.

Did anyone see the game today against Brasil? That has to be the most amazing game I have ever seen in Men's or Women's soccer. If you missed it you have to look for the replay. Thus far in 2011 that is the best sports play/game yet IMHO.

I still hope that ref is demoted to a little league somewhere in the US where soccer moms will kick her ass in the parking lot for calling a foul on their little girl.

That was the greatest finish to a soccer game I've ever watched. In my mind, the ref should have given Erika a red card when she hopped off the stretcher and came back onto the field. What a fitting ending to the game after that.

X10....

Awesome finish to a sketchy set of events surrounding that "injury"... :whistling:

I loved the game, but was pissed about the calls. I like the women's World Cup games as much as the men's games. At least the U.S. are not a big let down in almost every tournament. Solo was terrific at keeper.

Ken

Here's a name to remember, Jacqui Melksham of Australia, she was the referee. She should never be allowed to officiate a match at this level for the rest of her pitiful life.

Doc.

Here's a name to remember, Jacqui Melksham of Australia, she was the referee. She should never be allowed to officiate a match at this level for the rest of her pitiful life.

Doc.

While true she was utter shit today I can honestly say with absolute confidence she was told by someone in FIFA to call it that way.

Glad to see our girls had the heart and pride to fight back despite the bad calls and being a man down for almost 60 minutes. It's something sorely lacking in the men's team.

Oh and did I mention how hot Hope Solo is!

Looking forward to the final today... I agree Hope Solo is quite fun to watch, but my eyes are always on Alex Morgan. Definition of hotness with her pink sports bra showing through as she is drenched with sweat and fist pumping after finishing a goal, all the while being 22 years old. My goodness.

What a disappointment. Had the lead twice, only to give it up on stupid mistakes and lose in penality kicks with such a poor showing.

Oh well, Congrats to Japan.

Ken

Yea, I am heart broken! That was a tough loss, but they only have them selves to blame and not a ref!

After Morgan had the first goal, it was worrysome to see Pia decide to have them sit in and defend, rather than continue to pressure. With our pressence in the attacking third, Japan had trouble starting their attack out of the back field. Once we conceded half of the field to Japan, they had an easy go of it. In the end, the USWNT had a good showing for the tournament.