• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USB clip Lanyard

Thunder1257

So I have a big problem with losing things. I have lost my second drive and its quite frustrating, especially since my computer has crashed in addition. I have been looking on amazon but the only lanyard with a clip is like $8 plus shipping. I guess if that is my only option I will do it, as they are immensely useful. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for ways to secure it to my keys. I have attached it just to my key ring, but the problem is when in my computer the weight of the keys creates a bit of torque on the end of the stick and they have broke off both the ends. Since I have to get a new drive the broken clips should not be an issue.

Thanks!

One of my coworkers has one like this:

http://www.jr.com/lexar-media/pe/LXR_LJDFF16GASB/

It's a key ring where the drive slides out. No extra weight when it's in the computer, and it's still attached to your keys. The one she has, the holster is more of a square where the drive pops out of, but that's the general idea.

Thats perfect, and its not another lanyard type thing for me to lose haha. Appreciate it

We have one just like that at work. It functions great, but it always stays with the laptop and usually secured in a zippered pocket in the bag.

The only design flaw I see with that one is that if for some reason, the USB drive is not actually attached to anything. If for some reason the cap cracks and fails to hold the other piece in..... you've managed to lose all your stored data. At least your cap will always be safe!

LINK