• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Used Cigar

riche_guy

I was wondering if it was okay to put a cigar that was partially smoked back in the humidor. I cut off the burnt end of course. Would this harm the rest of the cigars??

Thanks.

Yes, it will make the humidor smell like crap. And search is your friend.

I was wondering if it was okay to put a cigar that was partially smoked back in the humidor. I cut off the burnt end of course. Would this harm the rest of the cigars??

Thanks.

I stick mine in a plastic baggie, and smoke it the next day. Make sure you keep it OUT of your humi, it will still impart the stank of an ashtray. I don't even leave it in the house...I keep it in my garage.

I find that overall, second lit cigars are disgusting. I don't think they will ever taste the same if you relight them. Sticking them in a baggie might be the worst thing you could do. IMHO it is better to have a dry cigar than a cigar that tastes like ash.

It should be fine to keep in your humidor, as long as you keep it on one side, away from your other cigars. I usually put a shot glass inside filled with cognac to kill the smell, and rub down the particular compartment with lemon or lime juice. The acids and vitamin C help stave off the smell or musty cigar coming to the other side.

Don't be concerned, as it's probably not even a full day you'll have it in there. At most, you put it in there at 10 at night, pick it out after work the next day at 6 PM? 18 hours tops.

It should be fine to keep in your humidor, as long as you keep it on one side, away from your other cigars. I usually put a shot glass inside filled with cognac to kill the smell, and rub down the particular compartment with lemon or lime juice. The acids and vitamin C help stave off the smell or musty cigar coming to the other side.

Don't be concerned, as it's probably not even a full day you'll have it in there. At most, you put it in there at 10 at night, pick it out after work the next day at 6 PM? 18 hours tops.

And I know that in the OP you didn't necessarily ask, but I wanted to make sure that you're smoking all your cigars with the cello on, and if it's got cedar as well then you've hit the jackpot. The mixture of cognac, lemon/lime juice, half used cigar, cello and cedar, now that is a cigar that will make you expand your collection. But then you've got to figure out what to use to expand, if only there was a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips!

There's absolutely no reason you can't keep a partially smoked cigar in your humidor, and smoke it later. I do it all of the time. I use the same philosophy with apples that I eat; I take a few bites, and if I'm full, I just stick 'em in the fridge and eat them tomorrow, next week, whatever.

I've found you can do the same thing with condoms, too. After one use, there's no reason you can't just stash them on your nightstand and just slide them on for your next time gettin' lucky. People have said this is gross, but I think it's just being practical. Besides, the left over bodily fluids mean they are ready for action immediately, the same way an already lit cigar can easily be relit and smoked again.

Putting a partially smoked cigar back in your humidor will quickly make your humidor and other cigars taste like ass. Burnt ass, but ass nontheless. If you are dead set on keeping partially smoked cigars around, pick up a couple of tubed cigars and use the tubes for storage.....outside your humidor.

Or follow SoulDog's and Moki's advice.......
wink.gif

Party on - B.B.S.

There's absolutely no reason you can't keep a partially smoked cigar in your humidor, and smoke it later. I do it all of the time. I use the same philosophy with apples that I eat; I take a few bites, and if I'm full, I just stick 'em in the fridge and eat them tomorrow, next week, whatever.

I've found you can do the same thing with condoms, too. After one use, there's no reason you can't just stash them on your nightstand and just slide them on for your next time gettin' lucky. People have said this is gross, but I think it's just being practical. Besides, the left over bodily fluids mean they are ready for action immediately, the same way an already lit cigar can easily be relit and smoked again.

I asked my girlfriend if this was ok to try, at which point I realized the girl can give a serious dead arm. Thanks for an insightful post, Moki, as well as a nose full of Newcastle. :laugh: Nasty!

*Edit - Spelling

Keeping a used cigar to smoke later? I can't stand when im smoking one and it goes out and I relight it even 2 minutes later...let alone a day or so....I don't think I could do that. In my opinion once it goes out it really tastes different on the next light. I would never ever put it back into my humidor...unless I was using a trash can as a humidor or something lol.

Once I had a buddy over, I was going to smoke and I offered him a cigar. We went outside, lit them and when he exclaimed about how good it was (it was a dog imo, but he was enjoying it), I told him about some brands he might like that he could go pick up at the local B&M.

What I heard next was unimaginable in my opinion. We were about half way through at this point and he says "naw, i think im just going to put this back in the cello, and save it for tommorrow or the next day". I told him that maybe smoking cigars wasn't his cup o tea. ;)

Funny, cause he smokes cigs, and yet I never see him smoke half of one and then save it for the next day. I would think the same rules should apply lol.

Thanks for the laugh Moki, I think I just wet my pants a little. Funniest thing though, was after reading the first line of your post, I thought you were serious and I thought "WTF??"

True life story:

I treated an uncle to his first Cuban cigar (and most likely, his first ecer decent smoke) and while I thought he smoked it so fast it must have been quite bitter, but thought what the hell, we all do things wrong when we start.

He was telling a friend about it ahd the friend gave him a la Gloria Cubana Tubo (non-CC) of some size (Churchill, Double Corona, something) and honest to God, he lit that thing 6 times over a few days and used to put it back in the tube after "snuffing" it (which I think is disgusting anyway). The stink out of that tube when he opened it would have turned anyone off from smoking, it was rediculous.

I'll also agree with Woot, I hate relighting ANY cigar, even after a couple of minutes, which is why I don't smoke much on the golf course.

Please do not do it! Learn from my mistakes. My Mistake.

There are several others like this one after searching.

what you could do is take the unsmoked halves of two partially smoked cigars and staple them together, thus sealing in the smell from both. If that doesn't work I would try fabreeze.

I am not joking about this story, which is shocking and quite disturbing...

Years ago I was at a friends' apartment and we three sat down in the courtyard of the complex and smoked some cigars. The apartment manager walked by, said hello to us and complemented us on how our smokes smelled. The next day I went back over to my buddy's apartment to hang out. As we were walking through the courtyard to leave the manager passed by and said that he lit up one of the cigar butts we left behind and he was very impressed by how good it was!

Now, I don't like re-lighting a cigar, ever, but to re-light someone else's cigar is a whole other level of demented that I don't really want to explore!

The only time I will ever put a cigar out and come back to it later (and this is if I am hard up and don't have another with me..

is to cut the ash off BEFORE it goes out on it's own and then purge what is left. You'll still get a little bit of the bitter at first, but I've found cutting it "dead" rather than letting it go out on it's own leaves much left aftertaste. That being said, it'll never make it back into the humi..

Damnit... I can't get to the thread I created about two years ago concerning this very thing. Do a search for "drunk newbie mistake" and you'll revel in my story.

I am not joking about this story, which is shocking and quite disturbing...

Years ago I was at a friends' apartment and we three sat down in the courtyard of the complex and smoked some cigars. The apartment manager walked by, said hello to us and complemented us on how our smokes smelled. The next day I went back over to my buddy's apartment to hang out. As we were walking through the courtyard to leave the manager passed by and said that he lit up one of the cigar butts we left behind and he was very impressed by how good it was!

Now, I don't like re-lighting a cigar, ever, but to re-light someone else's cigar is a whole other level of demented that I don't really want to explore!

Nothing wrong with this, IMHO. It's just like using someone else's leftover used condom. Why let a properly lubed rubber go to waste?