• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS Lost Package

BahamaTom

Hello All, and GO COWBOYS! Sorry, I had to say it...

I recently made a purchase from a well respected member/vendor. After waiting about a week to get my delivery, I decided to track the DC#... Bottom line, the USPS lost the package.

This is my first lost package (knock on wood)... I was wanting to know, what is the normal protocol to handling this issue?

FYI, the member/vendor I purchased from got insurance on the package, and did say he would make it right... Top-notch transaction and follow-up on his behaf. I just want to know how those of you that have gone through this have handled it... How long do you wait for USPS to find it?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

BT

Contact USPS and the seller. A reputable seller will more than likely have a procedure for handling this. On the USPS end, this should help you out: USPS FAQ

Hope you quickly get your order.

EDIT: If the package was sent Priority Mail, I would wait 5-7 days before notifying USPS. The box could have just been loaded on the wrong truck and needs an extra day or two to find its way back to you.

Thanks for the info Cooke!

The USPS website said they tried to deliver and left a notice... I received no notice. I went to 2 Post Offices to see if they had it, and they didn't. They just plain lost it. I don't know what the chances are of it turning up.

It is just dissapointing to have to wait to get my cigars, especially when the vendor and myself aren't at fault...

I will see how the vendor wants to handle it.

Anymore advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

BT

The mail handler could smell them and took them for himself :p

Since the vendor has the insurance, USPS will pay for it as soon as the vendor fills out lost package form. You should be getting your stoagies soon enough

Don't bother wasting your time. The vendor sounds like they are going to take care of it so leave it at that. Trying to get answers or action from the USPS is like trying to get it from any of the other Federal Gov't agencies...they don't care and they aren't going to bother lifting a finger to look for it. Sorry to be so cynical about it, but I've dealt with the a**holes enough to know better.