• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS question

wam79

I thought I saw this same question recently, but I couldn't find it
I sent a package and the dc # doesn't show as scanned in when checking tracking.
I used the self serve machine at my local PO. Has this been an issue for anyone, and did the package arrive at it's destination.

Bill

wam79 said:
I thought I saw this same question recently, but I couldn't find it
I sent a package and the dc # doesn't show as scanned in when checking tracking.
I used the self serve machine at my local PO. Has this been an issue for anyone, and did the package arrive at it's destination.

Bill
[snapback]209759[/snapback]​

The Self Service Machines do not scan when you send through them. Your package will show as "No Information" until delivered.

If you do the online label thingy, you can get the clerk to scan them and the computer recognizes it as an online label and doesn't charge. Just for peace of mind next time.

Is there a reason everybody always ships via USPS? I have nothing but problems with them and use DHL for everything else I ship. I heard from somebody that they don't allow cigars to be shipped, but CBid ships them all through DHL...

CalixEros said:
Is there a reason everybody always ships via USPS? I have nothing but problems with them and use DHL for everything else I ship. I heard from somebody that they don't allow cigars to be shipped, but CBid ships them all through DHL...
[snapback]209815[/snapback]​

I've shipped hundreds of packages over the last couple of years, all via USPS... I've yet to have one not be delivered.

cvmfour said:
If you do the online label thingy, you can get the clerk to scan them and the computer recognizes it as an online label and doesn't charge. Just for peace of mind next time.
[snapback]209765[/snapback]​

Not true Cliff. Most post offices have been instructed not to bother scanning in the packages when you hand them in at the counter. My post office people won't do it anymore even if I ask them to, they say "We were told not to do that anymore."
since everyone realizes that scanning them IN means absolutely nothing.

moki said:
CalixEros said:

I've shipped hundreds of packages over the last couple of years, all via USPS... I've yet to have one not be delivered.
[snapback]209820[/snapback]​

Same here except I had one that they lost, a PIF package to Ellman in January os 2004. They scanned it in to ;)

Thanks guys that's what I was hoping.
I only pay for delivery confermation.
so alls good (as long as it gets delivered :whistling: )

Bill

CalixEros said:
For me the USPS is the most reliable and affordable choice
I have had packages late, never lost
Bill

I haven't had any lost, but they're late quite a bit, have gotten delivered to the wrong address more than they should, started holding my mail for no reason. I use DHL for work and haven't had any of those problems. But I'm sure there are people who've had problems with DHL as well. To each his own I guess...

The reason for clerks being told not to scan them in is that when they're scanned and you punch in the DC# on website, the package shows as shipped. Technically, this is tracking and you are not paying for this service, only delivery confirmation. Enforcement of this varies from station to station.

melski said:
The reason for clerks being told not to scan them in is that when they're scanned and you punch in the DC# on website, the package shows as shipped. Technically, this is tracking and you are not paying for this service, only delivery confirmation. Enforcement of this varies from station to station.
[snapback]209857[/snapback]​

Yep, thanks Mel as I was pretty sure that it varied from post office to post office.

Eh, my P.O. still does it anyway. Must be because we ship hundreds of boxes with them a week. Plus I'm sure all those DC#'s look better on paper when they crunch the numbers ;)

cvmfour said:
Eh, my P.O. still does it anyway. Must be because we ship hundreds of boxes with them a week. Plus I'm sure all those DC#'s look better on paper when they crunch the numbers ;)
[snapback]209898[/snapback]​

You bore me, where's Madeline :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
cvmfour said:
Eh, my P.O. still does it anyway. Must be because we ship hundreds of boxes with them a week. Plus I'm sure all those DC#'s look better on paper when they crunch the numbers  ;)
[snapback]209898[/snapback]​

You bore me, where's Madeline :laugh:
[snapback]209920[/snapback]​

*whistle blowing*

Off-sides...15 yard penalty....Repeat first down

:laugh: :sign: