• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

USPS shipping and DC#

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
I have a question about using USPS Priority shipping.

I already print my labels from the USPS web site, which gives you a free delivery confirmation #.

I know that if a package is shipped Priority and is less than 1 pound, you can just drop it in a mailbox drop-off. (OK, so I'm a cheapskate for only shipping a 1 pound box :p )

Now the question...

Do you just drop the package off or wait in line at the post office to have them scan the DC# then & there.

I have always waited in line so that I know the DC# is scanned. I have been told this is not necessary.

Just wanted to know how others send out and if they have had any problems.

Thanks.

I always stand in line as I did not know that I could just drop them in the mailbox ???

It will get scanned. Don't wait in line unless that's your thing and you have nothing else to do !!

don't you have to drop it in a priority mail box or have it picked up by a carrier? I wasn't aware you could drop it into a regular mail box?

mhn said:
don't you have to drop it in a priority mail box or have it picked up by a carrier? I wasn't aware you could drop it into a regular mail box?
I've seen Express Mail boxes but never Priority Mail

I always drop mine in a regular mailbox, if it's small enough.

If it's too large, I don't wait in line if it has postage on it. I just walk up to the window, hand it to them, and walk out ... not like I needed anything else. :)

Shuji said:
If it's too large, I don't wait in line if it has postage on it. I just walk up to the window, hand it to them, and walk out ... not like I needed anything else. :)
I did that once...last week actually...only problem was the lady who was supposed to be next in line threw a bit of a hissey and started yelling and screaming...and continued to do so as she followed me out to my car ???

mhn said:
Shuji said:
I did that once...last week actually...only problem was the lady who was supposed to be next in line threw a bit of a hissey and started yelling and screaming...and continued to do so as she followed me out to my car ???
LOL, I woulda gave her a very small piece of my mind............

and it woulda shut her up!

Phil said:
mhn said:
Shuji said:

oh, make no mistake, I didn't stay quite...I just didn't think I should share here what I told her :p

We have a mail room here at work, that is hand delivered to the post office every day, that I can toss the Priority boxes in.

Even if they are over 1 pound, they are hand delivered to a postal employee. Which is good for me. :)

Just wanted to see if anyone had any issues with not having the DC# scanned in at the counter.

mhn said:
Phil said:
mhn said:
Shuji said:

oh, make no mistake, I didn't stay quite...I just didn't think I should share here what I told her :p
:0 ROTFLMAO!!!!!

As it should be! :thumbs:

Phil said:

You better be carefull doing that Phil, would hate to see YOU come up short! :0

:p ;)

I just put 'em in my rural mailbox with the rest of my mail and they get picked up with everything else.

There's no need to have it scanned when it's dropped off.

Take that time you spend waiting in line at the post office to smoke a cigar instead!!

I put my regular boxes in the mail box outside my house. The larger ones have to go to the PO.

'How do I do it?'.... Now that's a leading question.

Usually in the dark and usually with a partner. Position is up to the whim of the day.

:D ??? ;) :p :0 :love: :love: :love:

I almost always do all of the stuff online, and I will put the shipping at 0 lbs, 15 oz, regardless of how much it weighs, unless it is obviously a few pounds. For most of the cigars I send, I do it this way, because if it is under 1 lb, you can drop it off in a dropbox, but if it is 1 lb or more, you are supposed to take the package to the window.

I have never had a problem this way...

ALostTexan