• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Utility Smokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatAsh

The Bionic Poster
I would like to hear what others are using as everyday go toos from there humis. Please post your favs if you have time.

My favorite every day stick right now is Don Tomas Cameroon Collection #3 Perfecto. This gar presents a wonderful nose and ash! The cameroon wrapper provides a nice even burn and smooth consistant smoke. Starts off mild with hints of nut/spice but the real fun begins three to five minutes in. The flavor picks up from there and continues to a finger burning nub without really becoming offensive. Overall the flavor is a little spice with earthy undertones. The gar comes to a tapered end at the foot but I have found that the light and burn is better if you cut the foot. The draw is usually even and easy however I have experienced slight variations in draw across a box. The toughest draw out of the box however was still not bad. Burn time range from 45 min to 1 hour I only know this because I can finish or just about finish the stick on my way home from work.

The price is not that bad at approx. 4.50 a stick or 70-80 per box. I lucked into a box sale and got my first box a year ago for 54.00. I would recomend this gar to anyone for an everyday smoke.

monti #5 from 88 and 92 and tetens le proxenet 98's

I've been going with Fuente Sungrowns... the Chateau Fuente for a quicker smoke and the Cuban Belicoso when I have more time. I love the SG wrapper on these Fuentes... full of spice and tons of flavor. The Cuban Beli I had tonight while watering the lawn just blew me away... this is definitely my favorite in the Sungrown line.

Aloha,

Wade

I second the AF Cuban Belicoso. Fantastic cigar for the price. Nice and spicy! :thumbs:

vern it is one of my fav gar of all time

I have to smoke one le proxenete a day

it makes it all worth it

:p

Le Proxenet is an incredible cigar by Lars Tetens , I'm not kidding one of the best smokes i have ever had. It is $150.00/stick but I have never bought one, I get them from Lars when I see him at the club. Either a Le Proxenet or a Tesshu Deluxe. He gives away between 50-60 cigars at lunch and 80-100 at dinner to the ppl who are eating there. The guy is a maniac. Everybody knows Lars or wants to know him. Usually he doesn't eat in the main dinning room. The club usually reserves a 20 tables room for him and his entourage, so I only see him when he comes in or leaves.

Can you let Lars know I changed my plea from Tesshu Deluxe to the Le Proxenete for my spring wish list? :lookup: :p :D

I know Jr 0ne of the head night chefs at the Oak Room

He told me Lars Tetens dosen't eat at restaurant’s hardly ever

He rents the presidential suit and has dinner there for him and 10 to 30 at a time

he doesn't allow any alcohol

but he spends any where from 100,000$ a night to 250,000 a night on food

now I spend 1,000 to 2,000 a head when I go out but we drink

Wow Henry, Let me know when you want to hang out :D !

The Lars gars sound great but at those prices I doudt I'll be having one anytime soon! :( :(

When did this Lars guy get such a name for himself? $150/stick? Way too much. I'm sure I could find something comparable to it for much less. :D

Anyways, somehow these post's always tend to go back to Lars and how rich the guy is (it's getting a bit old).

I for one like the JR Alt's lines for everyday 'gars. My favorite is probably the Monte's. I also like La Gloria Cubana, and when I want a really good cigar, I go for the Bolivar's. I try to experience all types of cigars. I've noticed there are some really good cigars in the $3-$7 range. Because something cost's alot of money doesn't mean it's good. I learned that a long time ago... So price doesn't impress me. It's not a factor I use when purchasing cigars.

BTW, this isn't the Lar's discussion board, or the Lar's (owner) fan club. ;)

Let's hear some more every day cigars, non-lars related...

Rod

I find the La Unica line is always consistant and works for me.

Let me be more specific the La Unica bundles not the camaroon series which I think IMHO are overpriced  :)

I have developed a taste for Connies, and JR Alts to the AF 858, but had a GENUINE PRE-EMBARGO COUNTERFEIT CUBAN that was in a package from Dave, thanks Dave, that is likely one of the best $1 sticks I ever had.

I kindof agree with you Rod on the Lars issue,

BTW, this isn't the Lar's discussion board, or the Lar's (owner) fan club.
Let's hear some more every day cigars, non-lars related...
however, this WAS a thread about what people smoke. And like it or not, several of our happy family smoke Lars, and they like to talk about what they smoke as much as I try not to talk about what I smoke (cheap cheap cheap). I do think that if I could afford a Lars Habit, I may tout their worth as well.
Besides, if I talk about my fave costing $1, shouldn't (insert name here) be allowed to state the cost of their Fave as well, without being flamed as a braggart?

I do not think we would want to exclude anyone from the conversation simply because they talk about a different kind of cigar, do we? Just my Newbie HO.

Besides, each time one of those babies is mentioned, others ask questions about them that do deserve an answer.

Puro,

I was not flaming. Flaming is when you belittle someone on a message forum. I must concur with many other members in many respects regarding this. I'll leave it at that for now.

As always, everything I say is IMHO (In My Honest OPINION). ;)

Rod

Thanks Rod, as was mine (IMHO that is)

Now, utility sticks, I think the word utility might mean a lot of different things to different folks, but to me it means:

Something cheap, for every day smoking, that I might smoke while mowing the yard. On another board they called them "Yard Smokes". When it is just gonna dangle while I concentrate on other things, I sometimes burn a AF Curly Head, gonna try a Candella Curly Head as soon as I find one. So there, flame away :D I got on the ass-bestest drawars

and........in my humble opinion.......(you know I have to get my .02 in) here's the way I see it....

There are obviously different tastes and different pocket-books here, but, there's a difference between mentioning your favorite cigar and doing a publicity stunt for the CEO!

I'll leave it at that.......

Warmest regards,

Leebo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.