• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Utility Smokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, rod, it looks like you're taking some sides here. it seems to me, at least on other message boards that the mods and admin try to stay as neutral as possible to keep the peace. if you side with someone, you aren't maintaining you're responsibility to keep the peace; conversly, you're actually promoting the chaos, especially when a few members of our family happen to agree with the party being ganged up on. i am not promoting lars. the guy is nuts, i give you that, but he makes some damn good smokes, which i happen to enjoy them, on a regular basis, and furthermore i fail to see how expressing my opion in this free world, not to mention in an arena in which it would be entirely appropriate to exress my opinion, should be met with such avid opposition. it's ok to talk about how cheap good cigars are, but not appropriate to refer to a higher priced cigar, based purly on the fact the cigar is manufactured by a particular individual who is not main stream, on this board anyway. i don't understand that. also, education and intelligence will only get one so far. worldly experience goes further. when one combines all three attributes, one is on the road to success. what i'm getting at is just as rod said, (well something like anyway) "i learned that a high price doesn't mean a good product, it's just a factor in deciding which cigar..." blah blah blah. just because it's high priced, doesn't mean that it's good. just because you haven't seen a $1,000.00 bottle, doesn't mean that they don't exist. i mean, there are extremities, like just because we haven't "seen" god doesn't mean he doesn't exist...and all that crap, but he henry drinks some expensive wine. ever notice that you can get a "good" car for $20,000.00, but the "really nice" cars will run ya bill around $300,000.00 to half a mil? see the correlation? good stick-10 bucks. ok. really good stick-100 bucks. ok. pretty simple there. i dont' flaunt money. the next statement i make will contradict itself in that just by me making the statement, everyone will pounce on it saying "there ya go again, braggin about how much money you have..." but i'll say it anyway. i don't rub it in peoples faces that i have money. when it comes to 150 bucks a stick, i can afford them. so what? what is the big deal. some are unfortunate. some are more fortunate. what you don't understand is that i didn't stumble into an inheritance. i earned the money i make. i'm not a millionare, but i can afford good cigars. the 2 people i sent cigars to for a review got some nice extras thrown in for fun, including an opus x, so i'm not cheap about it. i'll send a fellow herfer some good gars, just because i know that they'll enjoy them. and yet another thing, how come people speak of la luna and fuente all day long and no one attacks them for "promoting the manufacturer", or no one says "boy this is becoming the (insert manufacturers name here) message board"? i hate opus x's. i make my thoughts known and that's it. i don't avidly attack any opus x people when they post about it because it's their thing. they like them. fine. i'll send em some of mine for christs sake. i feel like i'm being pushed around because i enjoy a cigar that most people understand. puro is right, too, that when ever lars comes up, people ask questions that can and should be answered. my question for you, rod, is why would you try to silence me in respect to lars? are you actually promoting for other manufacturers and i'm biting you're style by mentioning lars tetens a few times a week? i know it's a conspiracy theory, and i'm not attacking anyone, or flaming, or being an asshole, but now you can see how ridiculous it sounds to imply that i'm promoting lars. that's crap. polititions, when falling behing in an election race will use mud slinging tactics to make the other individual seem less appropriate for the position...seems like a similar situation. that's just how i feel. thanks for reading such a long post. i appologize for that.

my question for you, rod, is why would you try to silence me in respect to lars?  are you actually promoting for other manufacturers  
good point WG..... :0

I retract my statement your Honor..... ;)

thats all it takes

:lookup: :sign: :lookup: :sign: :lookup: :sign:

I guess this thread could prolly close with a big " WHO CARES???"

This thread was about yard/utility smokes and it has turned into a topic that I, I'm sure along with 3/4 of the other people reading this, could give a "f" about. ??? Come on guys, does it really matter? Hell, reading some of this BS is just like being over @ CF. :lookup: Also, guys, keep in mind this IS Rod's site and he can do (read: side with) whatever the "f" he wants with it...so bear that in mind...we are members, but most importantly GUESTS!!!! ;)

(Steps off soapbox)

BW

Oh BOY! My first attack on this board!
I'm so excited. Here it is, I ask a straight forward question and get blindsided by a stranger.

BTW buddy, looks like you forgot to change your login from Henry to Wileguile - suddenly our friend Wileguile (which just happened to register the exact same date, hour, & minute as Henry) is as rich as Henry!

Well, congratulations to you both for your wealth. I don't fault you for it, and I'm not jealous of it. If Henry (or Wileguile, or whoever else) can afford such expensive stuff, then by all means, c'mon over. I'll share some of my best - a $20 cigar, and a $35 bottle of wine. It doesn't have to cost hundreds to be good - but then, we've already covered that, haven't we?

Putting on my flame retardent suit.....
Dave :p

what the hell are you talking about DaveWF

I would like to know or you just may get a chance to met me sooner than you think

henry said:
and beast if you're in the top 100 you should be embarrassed

that just means you don't have enough money for a good accounting team

we live in diffrent worlds
Good enough. :D

didn't rod already clear us of this accusation when you thought that you were mr. detective and thought that you had the world figured out, and that henry and i are the same person? i think so. come on sherlock. i think you can do better than that.

One more thing Davy Girl

no insult to WG but I don't think any one on this board is ;)

you know is as :0 as me

Ok, so we've resorted to name calling - I suppose I've been called worse the Davy (spelled incorrectly) girl.  But an openly stated "veiled threat"... don't you think that's going a little too far?

or you just may get a chance to met me sooner than you think

Please, tell me Wile... oops, I mean Henry - please tell me exactly what you meant by that statement.

One more thing, can you please translate, "I don't think any one on this board is you know is as as me" (emoticons removed for clarity, I think) WileGuile certainly seemed to understand it - but for the life of me, it just doesn't make any sense. Please translate it for the rest of us!

Dave  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

give it up, dave. don't you remember? it's all in good fun. we're all one big happy family here, so why don't you stop antagonizing members and relax. smoke a gar with me. you'll have to catch up though! been almost done with this baby!

Ummmmm.....? Please tell me what you don't understand, and I'll happily try to explain it to you.

Dave :D

what i don't understand is the contradictory members in here. maybe if some would refrain from speaking for the general populus, then when the others form their own opinions, that differ from the original mass idea, their won't be any confusion. in other words, you're not only beating a dead horse, you've dug him up to do it! bury the hatchet "davey" (thanks mr. spelling poice man) and toast one up and enjoy a drink!

BTW buddy, looks like you forgot to change your login from Henry to Wileguile - suddenly our friend Wileguile (which just happened to register the exact same date, hour, & minute as Henry) is as rich as Henry!

thats what

Umm, WG? You misspelled the word "Police" in Spelling Police.

LMAO

Dave :p

Status
Not open for further replies.