• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vacation NORTHEAST

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
So every year we go camping in Rhode Island.... Well this year I have some extra vacation time and I am trying to split it up into 2 vacations this year. Spring (ish) and end of Summer (ish). The we absolutely love the beach. The kids love finding shells, sea glass, and rocks ex... Some other things we enjoy doing with the kids could be, Zoo, Aquarium, Theme park if there are small kid things to do. My kids are 2 and 5.

So my question here is. Anyone up here in the Northeast have any awesome shell beaches? and or family fun areas? Other then Rhode Island? I have been to the beaches up in New Hampshire just outside Epping. Hampton? (Paul I guess that is a question for you.) Its about a 20 min ride from Epping Dragway? They do a sea food fest each year? I remember them being nice and having a small board walk but as far as shell beaches? and other things to do??? I am not sure.

So now that I am done blabbing. In short. Suggestions please.

Hampton or any beaches in MA aren't the best for young kids like you have IMHO . If I was you I would continue up the sea coast to York ME or Ogunquit ME plenty to see and do for you and the young ins . I have family in York. I believe it's known to be a decent shell beach but not positive whether to go to long sands or short sands. However is a great family area with a zoo that has some rides and lots of animals. Plus there is a really good arcade area with all types of games and plenty of restraunts. There is also a trolley service that travels the coast back and forth between long sand and short sands so it doesn't matter what beach you stay at hotel wise you can easily see it all without dealing with parking your car everywhere you drive.

http://www.visitmaine.com/search?q=york
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g40989-Activities-York_Maine.html

Hope this helps,
Paul

I would go up even further to Higgins beach or Scarborough Beach or if you have time head up to Mt Dessert island.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the extra stuff to do.  

Maine Beaches are awesome but the water is cold.

When you go to Maine grab an Italian Sandwich at an Amato's - Every time I come back I have to have two! 

York is probably a good call with all the extras- and Old Orchard for a day, Fun Towm Splash Town and York's Wild Kindom.  Make a day trip to Portland

Go to the French Canadian Riviera. Old Orchard Beach, Maine. The kids will love it.

Doc

You could look into the Point Pleasant, NJ beach area which is geared towards the younger kids with their more Family oriented theme of mellow rides, aquarium, sky ride, nicer boardwalk, fireworks, etc. You can camp out in Jackson, NJ where there is plenty of places to do so. Then you have Six Flags Great Adventure right there in Jackson and it's only half an hour or so to all the beaches....Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, and about 45 minutes to Long Beach Island....all of them have beautiful beaches with plenty of shells and tons of young kids for your children to play with. You also have Raceway Park for the drag races (25 minutes from Jackson) and Wall Stadium Speedway (30 minutes from Jackson) for the short track cars. 

It's only a 3 to 3 1/2 hour ride from Connecticut to the Jersey Shore.

kona1000 said:
Maybe you could see Snooki and that other puss bag.
Lol now that's funny. Haha

Any hotels or resort's anyone could recommend down there in point pleasant beach?

The one my wife and I stayed at last time was the best! They had a cigar lounge, cooked great meals, turned us on to automatic paper towel dispensers and brownie brittle. We were treated like royalty. The other guest was kind of annoying though, I think his name was EC. Lmao, just kidding. We stayed with a Great CP member and had a great time.
There are a ton of hotels on ocean ave. You don't really need a great hotel with amenities because you won't spend much time in the room. We usually stay at Mariners Cove and its a five minute walk to the beach.

kona1000 said:
Maine and NJ are very different destinations.

Tell me about it. You can swim in NJ and enjoy it but get a frost bite in ME. Both are great locations but if your looking to get in the water in NH/ME - forget it about it! 

Lake George NY in the Adirondacks, Camp at Heartstone,( all sites have a fire place)take the kids to Water World Great Escape,
Fort William Henry, Million Dollar Beach , Shops, Food ect. Check out all the things above on-line.
Once you go, you will be back.

Light this! said:

Tell me about it. You can swim in NJ and enjoy it but get a frost bite in ME. Both are great locations but if your looking to get in the water in NH/ME - forget it about it! 

In my experience, kids are impervious to water temp. The trouble with the Jersey shore is, it's in Jersey. :whistling:

Doc

Devil Doc said:

In my experience, kids are impervious to water temp. The trouble with the Jersey shore is, it's in Jersey. :whistling:

Doc

Nice try...

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Well, I'd rather be stuck in a legitimate traffic jam on Rt. 1 in Maine than an illegitimate one on the Jersey Turnpike. :laugh:

Doc